eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.8

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2012.

It was a group interview, about an hour long. Basic call center/ customer service questions. Very easy going laid back interview process.

$9 an hr no negaotiation

Anonymous New Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2012.

As I lived out of state at time of hiring process, I was screened first by an HR rep by phone. You could tell it was the "get to feel how good of a fit you are" type questions.

The HR rep was very pleasant and kept constant communication, even sent me benefits, salary, and GSI history information.

About 3 hours after the screening call I was emailed, requesting some times I was free to have a video conference interview with the hiring manager and the senior employee in the group. Final arrangements for that were made for the following week. The video interview was very cordial, lots of questions about my work patterns and how I see myself fitting in a team environment. The hiring manager and senior employee went to great lengths to make sure I was aware that during their peak season I may be asked to work longer than normal hours. I understand that There will be more 9-5 days, but come peak holiday season I may very well work 10 hour days or 6 days a week. I was asked to drive in at the end of the interview and hash out the details with the HR rep.

The in person interviews came the following week. I met directly with the project team, lots of questions about my background, work ethic, and work expectations. I met with a sister team, and was asked more of the same. I believe the purpose of these interviews was for the potential coworkers to evaluate how I would fit in. Was given an informal offer at the end of the two interview offers. Formal offer followed the next week after my background checks were completed.

Overall time from clicking submit on eBay's Career website to signing offer letter: 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • During the video chat interview, I was asked to put together some coding on problem approach. Not difficult as I have some minor programming background, but it was unexpected as there was no mention of programming in the job announcement. The interviewing Manager and Senior employee were by nice and understanding and allowed me to use a programming language I was familiar with to solve their sample questions.   View Answer
    I knew what the benefits package covered, what pay to expect before even getting hired. GSI typically does not provide relocation assistance, but as mentioned earlier I was moving from out of state. HR, with my new manager's approval, was able to get me a new-hire bonus to help with moving expenses.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2012.

Hiring is really competitive and be prepared for a case interview.
    Most of the questions were on the real world problem and how ecommerce can be utilised to bring a solution to them.

Interview Questions
    • Sudden change in interview plan and you see that you have to face two more interview :)   Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2012.

Getting interview scheduled wasn't easy. I spoke to a couple of recruiters and found them to be most unprofessional . They assume all job seekers as jobless and should be available at 15 min notice. Recruiters never responds to emails and never replies back. Phone screening wasn't too difficult. Interview scheduled for 2 hrs. Everything was on time except that recruiter forgot to come after first round and interviewers had to look for the next round schedule. Questions were not so difficult , mostly around past experiences. All face to face interviews went very well and seemed like an exciting place to work. Once you are out of door, the nightmare to deal with recruiter starts and they won't talk to you for some reason , nor respond to emails. No technical questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Some v specific question abt a minute detail from the resume from a project done 8 yrs back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2012.

Take a bus to the office in King of Prussia,PA, spend more than one hour without any reimbursement. And then they told me one of 2 interviewers is out of town and only one interviewer that day. And that interviewer was busy. The interviewer process was also very quick and keep on ask whether you have similliar projects experience for the position. At the end of interviewer process, hr told me would get the result several weeks later. At the end, I spent one more hour back home. Right now, it is about half a year and didn't get any reply. It's wasting my time for that interview and it is most terrible interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have any simillar project experience to persuade me to offer you the position   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in December 2011.

Efficient process, interviewers took the time to get to know me, thorough and fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Who from your current employer is going to call and yell at me when I hire you?   Answer Question
    the offer was compelling and exactly what I was looking for, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

The hiring process at GSI is very simple. You complete an application online and then, if your skills match what they are looking for, you receive a call from a recruiter. The recruiter will give you basic information about the position, and ask you to take some online tests. These tests cover your basic computer skills (navigation, typing, etc.) and then you have a test that covers basic customer service skills. Once you take the test and you meet their requirements, you are called in for an interview. I had a group interview with 3 other people and two facilitators. The facilitators were current Supervisors or Team Leads in the department you are going into. They ask the usual questions, how do you deal with angry customers, what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, etc. Once the interview was over I received a call from HR advising that I received the job and they offered me a choice of schedules.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2011.

When I first interviewed (in 2011), I had answered an ad placed directly by GSI Commerce on the EmployFlorida job board. I was called with an interview appointment - and informed it would be a panel interview. There were multiple interviewers across the table from multiple prospective employees, and each prospective employee answered the same questions in rote from the panel. The following year (2012), the company had farmed out the application process to an employment agency, and it was bungled several times. I went in initially and filled out the application at the employment agency, then waited for an interview appointment. In the meantime, various offices of the same employment agency began calling me asking if I would like to come in and fill out an application. I kept telling them I had already done that and was waiting for an interview appointment. Finally - after a couple of weeks of this, I went by the original employment office and found out they just hadn't done anything with my application and they set up an interview for me then.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't particularly difficult. I think they just want to hear if you speak clearly and with good grammar, and if you come across as having an alert, interested demeanor. The only one I remember was to describe a time when I had to handle a situation at work for which there had been no training.   View Answer
    There's no negotiation. It's a simple at-will seasonal position with fairly decent pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2011.

Professional and Pleasant

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about a challenging situation at your last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2011.

After taking a computer test you are called back for a group interview, approximately 5 prospective employees at a time. They asked all of the "canned" questions such as "Give us an instance where you were able to change someone's mind" or "What is your greatest strength/ biggest weakness" The interview process was fairly straight-forward although a bit hectic.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, it was like they took an interview script from the internet.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - basically a "take-it or leave-it" type of job