eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Eau Claire, WI).

Interview

One interview. You're called in as a group and asked about 3-4 interview questions. Everyone in my group was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview

The recruiter never reached out during our set phone screen time, I had to email her to reschedule. After a second change in time due to another "meeting," she emails me at the time of our interview to inform me they have found a candidate. Wasted two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to interview?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Studio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much

Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I went through 1 general with minimal technical phone screening interview followed by 2 more technical phone interview that involved writing data structure code. Then I had 6 on site deeply technical interview with team leads, managers and a director of QA and development teams. Given I never worked for ebay before, I thought I have provided good answers to questions (problems/issues they they were trying to solve internally at the time of my interview). According to my interviewers, they were impressed with the solutions I have provided them to a couple of problems they were saving. In fact, one of them told me that he would like to use the solution I gave to a problem to a problem they were facing. Overall, I felt it went really well. Few days later, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't make decisions and wanted me to go through a couple of interviews to find me a "better fit" in their organization. Then "a couple" turned to 5 more technical & brain teasers interviews over the phone with leads, managers and a director. Few days later my recruiter informed me that they decided to hire another person.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked is that, a search for a specific item returns results in which each result item has several attributes such as seller score ...etc. How do you know the attributes of each result is real users data. How can you trust the data when you don't have anything to compare or validate against?   Answer Question

SME Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Contacted by freelance recruiter working for the company, after having initial conversations with hiring manager. Was referred by a colleague that I had worked with in the past. There was a lot of turn-over in the company, but a lot of opportunity. Decided to go through the hiring process after talking with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Actually don't remember any specific questions other than validating skills from resume. Conversations had been held prior to the recruiter conversation, so the interview was more like checking off something on a procedure list.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a lot of negotiation. The salary range was appropriate and we settled near the top of the range without much push back.

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through a staffing agency. Participated in a 1 hour group interview. No 1 on 1 questions. We went around the table and answered questions about difficult situations or people at previous jobs and how we handled things.

Interview Questions

• Describe an angry customer or person encountered on the job and how the situation was diffused   Answer Question

The pay is only $9. Even though it is telecommuting (working from home) I felt that it was too small of an offer. No negotiation of pay rate accepted.

Seasonal Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (Melbourne, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview, about an hour long. Basic call center/ customer service questions. Very easy going laid back interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

$9 an hr no negaotiation

Anonymous New Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

As I lived out of state at time of hiring process, I was screened first by an HR rep by phone. You could tell it was the "get to feel how good of a fit you are" type questions.

The HR rep was very pleasant and kept constant communication, even sent me benefits, salary, and GSI history information.

About 3 hours after the screening call I was emailed, requesting some times I was free to have a video conference interview with the hiring manager and the senior employee in the group. Final arrangements for that were made for the following week. The video interview was very cordial, lots of questions about my work patterns and how I see myself fitting in a team environment. The hiring manager and senior employee went to great lengths to make sure I was aware that during their peak season I may be asked to work longer than normal hours. I understand that There will be more 9-5 days, but come peak holiday season I may very well work 10 hour days or 6 days a week. I was asked to drive in at the end of the interview and hash out the details with the HR rep.

The in person interviews came the following week. I met directly with the project team, lots of questions about my background, work ethic, and work expectations. I met with a sister team, and was asked more of the same. I believe the purpose of these interviews was for the potential coworkers to evaluate how I would fit in. Was given an informal offer at the end of the two interview offers. Formal offer followed the next week after my background checks were completed.

Overall time from clicking submit on eBay's Career website to signing offer letter: 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• During the video chat interview, I was asked to put together some coding on problem approach. Not difficult as I have some minor programming background, but it was unexpected as there was no mention of programming in the job announcement. The interviewing Manager and Senior employee were by nice and understanding and allowed me to use a programming language I was familiar with to solve their sample questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew what the benefits package covered, what pay to expect before even getting hired. GSI typically does not provide relocation assistance, but as mentioned earlier I was moving from out of state. HR, with my new manager's approval, was able to get me a new-hire bonus to help with moving expenses.