eBay Enterprise Interview Questions

2.9

Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2013.

I went through 1 general with minimal technical phone screening interview followed by 2 more technical phone interview that involved writing data structure code. Then I had 6 on site deeply technical interview with team leads, managers and a director of QA and development teams. Given I never worked for ebay before, I thought I have provided good answers to questions (problems/issues they they were trying to solve internally at the time of my interview). According to my interviewers, they were impressed with the solutions I have provided them to a couple of problems they were saving. In fact, one of them told me that he would like to use the solution I gave to a problem to a problem they were facing. Overall, I felt it went really well. Few days later, the recruiter informed me that they couldn't make decisions and wanted me to go through a couple of interviews to find me a "better fit" in their organization. Then "a couple" turned to 5 more technical & brain teasers interviews over the phone with leads, managers and a director. Few days later my recruiter informed me that they decided to hire another person.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked is that, a search for a specific item returns results in which each result item has several attributes such as seller score ...etc. How do you know the attributes of each result is real users data. How can you trust the data when you don't have anything to compare or validate against?   Answer Question

Principal Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2009.

They asked a lot of LoadRunner questions and Automation questions. Pretty easy for me but others will struggle if they aren't experts.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were opinionated. Like what's the best metric for performance testing.   View Answer

wanted more money

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2013.

Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise.

The recruiter never reached out during our set phone screen time, I had to email her to reschedule. After a second change in time due to another "meeting," she emails me at the time of our interview to inform me they have found a candidate. Wasted two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What time are you available to interview?   View Answer

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in December 2011.

Efficient process, interviewers took the time to get to know me, thorough and fast process.

Interview Questions
    • Who from your current employer is going to call and yell at me when I hire you?   Answer Question
    the offer was compelling and exactly what I was looking for, so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2011.

After taking a computer test you are called back for a group interview, approximately 5 prospective employees at a time. They asked all of the "canned" questions such as "Give us an instance where you were able to change someone's mind" or "What is your greatest strength/ biggest weakness" The interview process was fairly straight-forward although a bit hectic.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, it was like they took an interview script from the internet.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - basically a "take-it or leave-it" type of job

Pick/Pack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2010.

1 interview, seasonal position. Drug test, one interview, a day of paid training and doing all the required paperwork. They spelled out what they expected of their employees and that was pretty much it. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. After all it was a seasonal position that any monkey with half a brain and and a wee bit of ambition could do.

Director, Project Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2009.

3 sets of interviews

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. some questions regarding past behavior and functional expertise   Answer Question
    They made me an offer, I asked for some perks and we were good

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2009.

The interview process seemed to go well. There was a phone screen which, in retrospect, should have been a warning. There was only one formal interview; it was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. Because I was trying to escape a nightmare job, I asked if I could come in for a day and spend some time with them. They said yes. I came in for a day and had a pretty good time. I doubt they'll let anyone do that these days.

Interview Questions
    Ask for more money. I went through a recruiter that was a very bad negotiator. Later I found out that a co-worked made $50,000 more than me. I wasn't happy.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

The hiring process at GSI is very simple. You complete an application online and then, if your skills match what they are looking for, you receive a call from a recruiter. The recruiter will give you basic information about the position, and ask you to take some online tests. These tests cover your basic computer skills (navigation, typing, etc.) and then you have a test that covers basic customer service skills. Once you take the test and you meet their requirements, you are called in for an interview. I had a group interview with 3 other people and two facilitators. The facilitators were current Supervisors or Team Leads in the department you are going into. They ask the usual questions, how do you deal with angry customers, what are your weaknesses, what are your strengths, etc. Once the interview was over I received a call from HR advising that I received the job and they offered me a choice of schedules.

Interview Questions
    • None, all the questions were standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question