eBay Enterprise

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2011.

After taking a computer test you are called back for a group interview, approximately 5 prospective employees at a time. They asked all of the "canned" questions such as "Give us an instance where you were able to change someone's mind" or "What is your greatest strength/ biggest weakness" The interview process was fairly straight-forward although a bit hectic.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions, it was like they took an interview script from the internet.   Answer Question
    No negotiation - basically a "take-it or leave-it" type of job

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2011.

Had 3 interviews, quick and easy process. Submitted resume and was contacted with in 3 days. Started the position 3 weeks later

Interview Questions
    a few emails back and forth

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2011.

- I applied on the GSI web site
    - they called me within a few days for a phone interview with the manager
    - the manager screened me on the phone for about 20 minutes
    - then they arranged 3 hour in person interviews
    - there were 4 sets of interviews. First was with HR- brief, explained company policies. Next was with 3 technical people at once. Next was with a non-technical project manager, and the last was with the hiring manager.
    - they were quite "brutal" in the interviews - they did NOT ask a lot of hard questions, they were just relentless on me and just never seemed satisfied that I would do a good job, despite me being overqualified for the job (I have 20 years experience). I answered every question well, but they were just relentless.

Interview Questions
    • Draw a diagram on the whiteboard of GSI's item-ordering structure (this actually had nothing to do with the skills needed for the job)   View Answer

- they left me with a bad impression from being so hard on me in the interviews. It seems like it would be an agonizing place to work.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2011.

I was first contacted by the GSI HR and we corresponded via e-mail regarding skills and salary.
    The second contact from GSI was via a phone interview with HR this was about 30 min and was more for fit and personality. After the phone interview I was told that I would be send some additional paper work to fill out via e-mail and an invite for the on site meeting. After 2 days I had not received any e-mails and called Kelly in HR. Left her a message and her response was she e-mailed the wrong person. My 3rd contact with GSI was an on site 1:1 interview with the hiring manager of the support department. I was told by the hire manager that there were 11 positions open for this job and that they are very interested in me. She asked me to consider the hours and type of work involved and to contact HR with my additional questions regarding benefits. The next day I sent my questions to Kelly at HR and did not hear back for over 2 months. I then proceeded to e-mail Kelly in HR again regarding my questions and if the position was still open. The response I received was: Your salary requirements are out side the pay of the position and they will keep my info on file.

I would not work with GSI after looking at all the negative reviews on GlassDoor and my experience with them. I have asked them to remove my file and not contact me. You do forget that you are interviewing with GSI.

Interview Questions
    • First questions were abotu fit and specific skills   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2011.

Was difficult to land this.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in February 2011.

Everything started out great, had a phone screen, than another, than an all day in person meeting several people than another, and another....very lengthy process, meeting a lot of people some of which I had no idea as to why.

The communication was almost every other day until the end where I followed up after no communication and than called in and was lied to twice, they were just buying time to hire someone else!

I am not sure why this company felt the need to lie and say someone else also needs to get throught the interview process!

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in January 2011.

It was a contract position through consulting company. Interviewed by three different individuals at GSI, two directors and one VP on the same date. Detailed discussion on my past experience and how projects were managed. Offer was extended after couple of weeks, which I accepted. Overall experience was nice and very professional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brunswick, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in December 2010.

The company allows candidates to apply online or at the facility on their computers. After the initial application you will have to go to the site and sit through several computer based tests. You will be told at the end of testing how well you completed the tests. You will then be asked to either retest or setup an interview. You will be called in with be interviewed individually and then called in later to interview with a group. The group will be asked a set of questions and everyone must answer the same questions. You will then be called if they want to hire you.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an unpleasant task at work.   Answer Question
    schedule

Pick/Pack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2010.

1 interview, seasonal position. Drug test, one interview, a day of paid training and doing all the required paperwork. They spelled out what they expected of their employees and that was pretty much it. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. After all it was a seasonal position that any monkey with half a brain and and a wee bit of ambition could do.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

2 rounds on phone, 2 rounds in person

Interview Questions
    • nothing particularly specific, just needed to show general competence.   View Answer
    over the phone back and forth on salary