eBay Enterprise

55 candidate interviews

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was a contract position through consulting company. Interviewed by three different individuals at GSI, two directors and one VP on the same date. Detailed discussion on my past experience and how projects were managed. Offer was extended after couple of weeks, which I accepted. Overall experience was nice and very professional.

Interview Question – How you motivated employees.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

Interview Details – Nothing out of the ordinary, it was a pretty standard interview process

Systems Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in November 2011.

Interview Details – Contact by recruiter through email to setup a phone interview. Had the phone interview 2 days later. This consisted of just general questions about fit and personality and job history. Was told I would hear something back within a couple days. Heard nothing. I don't understand companies that feel its ok to not contact back candidates they passover. Sooner or later it will catch up with them. A simple thank you email for your time would be sufficient.

Interview Question – What did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was difficult to land this.

Interview Question – Very obscure questions about Java   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was faiirly straight forward - spoke with HR first and then the hiring manager. Questions about skills and software knowledge. Seems like a good company to work for.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself and why you want to work here   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in September 2011.

Interview Details – Professional and Pleasant

Interview Question – Can you tell us about a challenging situation at your last job.   Answer Question

King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in February 2010.

Interview Details – Be yourself at the interview. There is a huge emphasis on fitting in. In other words be as sociable as you are technical. Look professional for your interview and be prepared to shoot from the hip. My thank you letter got me in the door.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a permanent position after being a consultant.   View Answer
  • Where are you more comfortable? On the technical or business end?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for what you want. Don't get in the door low. The environment is a revolving door so chances are you are more valuable than you think.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the GSI HR and we corresponded via e-mail regarding skills and salary.
The second contact from GSI was via a phone interview with HR this was about 30 min and was more for fit and personality. After the phone interview I was told that I would be send some additional paper work to fill out via e-mail and an invite for the on site meeting. After 2 days I had not received any e-mails and called Kelly in HR. Left her a message and her response was she e-mailed the wrong person. My 3rd contact with GSI was an on site 1:1 interview with the hiring manager of the support department. I was told by the hire manager that there were 11 positions open for this job and that they are very interested in me. She asked me to consider the hours and type of work involved and to contact HR with my additional questions regarding benefits. The next day I sent my questions to Kelly at HR and did not hear back for over 2 months. I then proceeded to e-mail Kelly in HR again regarding my questions and if the position was still open. The response I received was: Your salary requirements are out side the pay of the position and they will keep my info on file.

I would not work with GSI after looking at all the negative reviews on GlassDoor and my experience with them. I have asked them to remove my file and not contact me. You do forget that you are interviewing with GSI.

Interview Question – First questions were abotu fit and specific skills   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Brunswick, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in December 2010.

Interview Details – The company allows candidates to apply online or at the facility on their computers. After the initial application you will have to go to the site and sit through several computer based tests. You will be told at the end of testing how well you completed the tests. You will then be asked to either retest or setup an interview. You will be called in with be interviewed individually and then called in later to interview with a group. The group will be asked a set of questions and everyone must answer the same questions. You will then be called if they want to hire you.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an unpleasant task at work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – schedule

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2011.

Interview Details – - I applied on the GSI web site
- they called me within a few days for a phone interview with the manager
- the manager screened me on the phone for about 20 minutes
- then they arranged 3 hour in person interviews
- there were 4 sets of interviews. First was with HR- brief, explained company policies. Next was with 3 technical people at once. Next was with a non-technical project manager, and the last was with the hiring manager.
- they were quite "brutal" in the interviews - they did NOT ask a lot of hard questions, they were just relentless on me and just never seemed satisfied that I would do a good job, despite me being overqualified for the job (I have 20 years experience). I answered every question well, but they were just relentless.

Interview Question – Draw a diagram on the whiteboard of GSI's item-ordering structure (this actually had nothing to do with the skills needed for the job)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – - they left me with a bad impression from being so hard on me in the interviews. It seems like it would be an agonizing place to work.

Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Enterprise