eBay Enterprise Interview Questions in King of Prussia, PA

Updated Aug 8, 2014

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

I had a phone interview, take home technical test and in-person interview with four different people. I was told that I should be prepared to work 45-50 hours per week, and more at crunch time. The process was very slow, but pleasant.

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2014.

Received e-mail within a few days. Successful HR interview, passed info to hiring manager, was told I'd hear back early next week. After letting that week pass I called for follow-up. Two days later I got a reply - a "we're going with another candidate" form letter. I found that weak.

Interview Questions
    • I knew nothing about the domain or the tools they use. However, an hour on wikipedia to look up the domain and tools allowed me to provide relevant related experience. It was enough to get me through the initial interview.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

1 phone interview, 1 face to face

not much

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

2 rounds on phone, 2 rounds in person

Interview Questions
    • nothing particularly specific, just needed to show general competence.   View Answer
    over the phone back and forth on salary

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
    My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
    I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
    Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Studio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Principal Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2009.

They asked a lot of LoadRunner questions and Automation questions. Pretty easy for me but others will struggle if they aren't experts.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were opinionated. Like what's the best metric for performance testing.   View Answer

wanted more money

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2013.

Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Questions
    • I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2009.

The interview process seemed to go well. There was a phone screen which, in retrospect, should have been a warning. There was only one formal interview; it was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. Because I was trying to escape a nightmare job, I asked if I could come in for a day and spend some time with them. They said yes. I came in for a day and had a pretty good time. I doubt they'll let anyone do that these days.

Interview Questions
    Ask for more money. I went through a recruiter that was a very bad negotiator. Later I found out that a co-worked made $50,000 more than me. I wasn't happy.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2011.

Had 3 interviews, quick and easy process. Submitted resume and was contacted with in 3 days. Started the position 3 weeks later

Interview Questions
    a few emails back and forth

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!