eBay Enterprise

Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Automation Interview

Test Automation
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in April 2014.

Interview Details – Received e-mail within a few days. Successful HR interview, passed info to hiring manager, was told I'd hear back early next week. After letting that week pass I called for follow-up. Two days later I got a reply - a "we're going with another candidate" form letter. I found that weak.

Interview Question – I knew nothing about the domain or the tools they use. However, an hour on wikipedia to look up the domain and tools allowed me to provide relevant related experience. It was enough to get me through the initial interview.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 1 face to face

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 rounds on phone, 2 rounds in person

Interview Question – nothing particularly specific, just needed to show general competence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – over the phone back and forth on salary

Marketing Interview

Marketing
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise.

Interview Details – One of the strangest interviews in which I've been involved.
My buddy works there and after a couple emails to and from HR, they brought me in for an interview.
I met with the hiring manager and things seemed to go really well. I had about 90% of the qualifications in the interviewer seemed interested and engaged. We spoke for about 25 minutes; a good introductory meeting.
Then...I met with the HR generalist. Yes, AFTER meeting with the guy who was actually hiring for the position.

She was harried and unfocused as she entered the room. She barely looked into my eyes and gave me one of those limp handshakes. She admitted to me that she didn't have time to review this job posting, which was a bit unsettling. This is the head of HR for the company, by the way.

She gave my resume a cursory glance and proceeded to ask me rapid-fire skills questions ("Do you have 5+ years of SQL?", "How would you rate you Office skills?"). She looked up at me, maybe two times. There was very little interaction, throughout the process.

Her portion of the interview lasted 10 minutes, tops.

After that brief Q&A session I felt uneasy, after previously feeling very confident with the guy who actually knew about the requirements for the position.

Here's the kicker: When I arrived home from the interview, there was an email from the HR person waiting for me, saying that I would not be offered the job! Whoa, eBay, how about some professional courtesy? How about some consideration? At least let me get my hopes up.

It was a subtly condescending letter, too; saying something like, "maybe you should apply to something that better matches your skill set and experience," as if I had never heard of or experienced any of the things that were talked about in the interview.

eBay/GSI Commerce: please instruct your HR people to respect all applicants, regardless of their qualifications. Oh, and maybe you should have an HR representative speak to your interviewee, first!

Interview Question – Can't remember. I think they were all answered appropriately.   Answer Question

Studio Producer Interview

Studio Producer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in May 2013.

Interview Details – They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Principal Performance Engineer Interview

Principal Performance Engineer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2009.

Interview Details – They asked a lot of LoadRunner questions and Automation questions. Pretty easy for me but others will struggle if they aren't experts.

Interview Question – Some of the questions were opinionated. Like what's the best metric for performance testing.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – wanted more money

Manager Interview

Manager
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Question – I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process seemed to go well. There was a phone screen which, in retrospect, should have been a warning. There was only one formal interview; it was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. Because I was trying to escape a nightmare job, I asked if I could come in for a day and spend some time with them. They said yes. I came in for a day and had a pretty good time. I doubt they'll let anyone do that these days.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. The standards are low.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for more money. I went through a recruiter that was a very bad negotiator. Later I found out that a co-worked made $50,000 more than me. I wasn't happy.

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in July 2011.

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews, quick and easy process. Submitted resume and was contacted with in 3 days. Started the position 3 weeks later

Interview Question – cant remember, nothing too crazy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – a few emails back and forth

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
King of Prussia, PA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in March 2012.

Interview Details – Take a bus to the office in King of Prussia,PA, spend more than one hour without any reimbursement. And then they told me one of 2 interviewers is out of town and only one interviewer that day. And that interviewer was busy. The interviewer process was also very quick and keep on ask whether you have similliar projects experience for the position. At the end of interviewer process, hr told me would get the result several weeks later. At the end, I spent one more hour back home. Right now, it is about half a year and didn't get any reply. It's wasting my time for that interview and it is most terrible interview.

Interview Question – Do you have any simillar project experience to persuade me to offer you the position   View Answer

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!