eBay Enterprise Interview Questions in King of Prussia, PA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

Interviews with directors and above were way too easy. The just talked about themselves. No questions were asked. Interviews with peers were more difficult. Typical interview questions were asked. Strengths/ weaknesses, etc.they have always been pretty desperate to get bodies in seats. Moving up in the company is nearly impossible compared to getting in.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/weaknesses, textbook interview questions, conversational   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was little to no negotiation

Business Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Went through an initial phone interview with the recruiter that included scheduling a phone interview. Post the phone interview, it took almost 4 weeks to hear anything regarding next steps. Finally had an opportunity to meet with the team during my onsite interview. During said interview, I was required to present my findings on a sample data set to the team. Left feeling confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important aspect in analytical reporting?   1 Answer

Was offered the "absolute highest" that the team could do which is about 20% lower than the industry standard. When I attempted to negotiate, they rescinded the offer.

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through the internet job search and received an email from the recruiter. Later she called me after few follow up and after discussing the salary and other information she schedule the telephonic interview and i was done with that. After clearning that they schedule half day interview with the team .. there was 5 rounds of the interview and i satisfied each and every one. After 2 days i received a confirmation from the recruiter that i did well in the interview and she want to initiate the background check, which took about a week. After background check HR was missing for about a week and after one week she called me to discuss about the offer, we discussed the details about joining timelines and salary , she told me that she will talk to the hiring manager and get back to me with an offer. For about one week she just disapper, after one week i sent here an email and she revert back that They are revising the offer for me. Till 1 week there was no communication i sent her 2 reminders but she didn't get back to me. After 1 week i thought of sending a thank you note to the hiring manager to get the actual status of the job, I sent a nice email to hiring manager though linked in on satuday. After few hours i received a reply from the HR saying sorry that she couldn't get back to me and she mentioned that Offer is still getting revised. On next monday i receive an emil from the HR saying that position is got cancelled and becuse of that they can't go further. I checked the job status online in their system and it was showing the job status as open. I feel very low after that because it took exactly 2 months for this overall process and for 1 month they kept me hanging that they are revising the offer. (May be they were looking for some cheaper resource during that period.)

Interview Questions

• It was a very drill down interview and they asked question related to automation , rest full services, core java, and design questions.   Answer Question

User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA).

Interview

I had a phone interview, take home technical test and in-person interview with four different people. I was told that I should be prepared to work 45-50 hours per week, and more at crunch time. The process was very slow, but pleasant.

Test Automation Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail within a few days. Successful HR interview, passed info to hiring manager, was told I'd hear back early next week. After letting that week pass I called for follow-up. Two days later I got a reply - a "we're going with another candidate" form letter. I found that weak.

Interview Questions

• I knew nothing about the domain or the tools they use. However, an hour on wikipedia to look up the domain and tools allowed me to provide relevant related experience. It was enough to get me through the initial interview.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter was poised and professional. She knew about the role and genuinely excited. I met 4 people in my first interview that had to be rescheduled due to a client meeting. Each person I met was great--smart personable and busy. Position was filled, but I'll apply again.

Interview Questions

• I thought the questions were fair, discussions were comfortable   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much

Studio Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

They reached out to me about an open position. Flew in for an interview. The communication was very open. Was in constant contact with the HR team throughout the process. The people I interviewed with gave a very detailed message about that they thought of the interview, which is always nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but there was no budging on their end.

Anonymous New Hire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

As I lived out of state at time of hiring process, I was screened first by an HR rep by phone. You could tell it was the "get to feel how good of a fit you are" type questions. The HR rep was very pleasant and kept constant communication, even sent me benefits, salary, and GSI history information. About 3 hours after the screening call I was emailed, requesting some times I was free to have a video conference interview with the hiring manager and the senior employee in the group. Final arrangements for that were made for the following week. The video interview was very cordial, lots of questions about my work patterns and how I see myself fitting in a team environment. The hiring manager and senior employee went to great lengths to make sure I was aware that during their peak season I may be asked to work longer than normal hours. I understand that There will be more 9-5 days, but come peak holiday season I may very well work 10 hour days or 6 days a week. I was asked to drive in at the end of the interview and hash out the details with the HR rep. The in person interviews came the following week. I met directly with the project team, lots of questions about my background, work ethic, and work expectations. I met with a sister team, and was asked more of the same. I believe the purpose of these interviews was for the potential coworkers to evaluate how I would fit in. Was given an informal offer at the end of the two interview offers. Formal offer followed the next week after my background checks were completed. Overall time from clicking submit on eBay's Career website to signing offer letter: 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• During the video chat interview, I was asked to put together some coding on problem approach. Not difficult as I have some minor programming background, but it was unexpected as there was no mention of programming in the job announcement. The interviewing Manager and Senior employee were by nice and understanding and allowed me to use a programming language I was familiar with to solve their sample questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I knew what the benefits package covered, what pay to expect before even getting hired. GSI typically does not provide relocation assistance, but as mentioned earlier I was moving from out of state. HR, with my new manager's approval, was able to get me a new-hire bonus to help with moving expenses.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Getting interview scheduled wasn't easy. I spoke to a couple of recruiters and found them to be most unprofessional . They assume all job seekers as jobless and should be available at 15 min notice. Recruiters never responds to emails and never replies back. Phone screening wasn't too difficult. Interview scheduled for 2 hrs. Everything was on time except that recruiter forgot to come after first round and interviewers had to look for the next round schedule. Questions were not so difficult , mostly around past experiences. All face to face interviews went very well and seemed like an exciting place to work. Once you are out of door, the nightmare to deal with recruiter starts and they won't talk to you for some reason , nor respond to emails. No technical questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Some v specific question abt a minute detail from the resume from a project done 8 yrs back.   Answer Question