Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Enterprise
- Customer Service Representative (9)
- Software Engineer (3)
- Systems Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Human Resources (2)
- Seasonal Customer Service (2)
- QA Engineer In Test (1)
- Studio Producer (1)
- Test Automation (1)
- Developer In Test (1)
- Anonymous New Hire (1)
- Order Review Supervisor (1)
- Pick/Pack (1)
- Software Engineer, Quality (1)
- Chief of Staff to Chief Executive Officer of Global Operations (1)
- User Experiance Manager (1)
- E-commerce Copy Editor (1)
- Senior Specialist, Client Services (1)
- Seasonal Customer Service Work From Home (1)
- High Fashion Inbound Calls (1)
- Product Marketing Manager (1)
- Business Analyst (1)
- Manager (1)
- Costumer Service Representative (1)
- Principal Performance Engineer (1)
- Studio (1)
- Customerservice (1)
- Seasonal Customer Service and Sales (1)
- Campaign Developer (1)
- Senior Product Manager (1)
Senior Software Engineer Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in June 2011.
- I applied on the GSI web site
- they called me within a few days for a phone interview with the manager
- the manager screened me on the phone for about 20 minutes
- then they arranged 3 hour in person interviews
- there were 4 sets of interviews. First was with HR- brief, explained company policies. Next was with 3 technical people at once. Next was with a non-technical project manager, and the last was with the hiring manager.
- they were quite "brutal" in the interviews - they did NOT ask a lot of hard questions, they were just relentless on me and just never seemed satisfied that I would do a good job, despite me being overqualified for the job (I have 20 years experience). I answered every question well, but they were just relentless.
- Draw a diagram on the whiteboard of GSI's item-ordering structure (this actually had nothing to do with the skills needed for the job) 1 Answer
Reasons for Declining
- they left me with a bad impression from being so hard on me in the interviews. It seems like it would be an agonizing place to work.
Other Interview Reviews for eBay Enterprise
Senior Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at eBay Enterprise (King of Prussia, PA) in January 2010.
The hiring process was very straight forward. Initial skills test through web, followed by face-to-face manager interview and tech interview. Very good process and promptness in responding with the results.
- How do you manage to finish a task when little or no support is available? Answer Question
Senior Software Engineer InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took a week – interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.
There will be technical phone interview first. After few days they called for a face to face interview. They ask details question based on the resume and you will meet developers, team lead, mangers and director. Seems to take decision quickly.
- Asked about algorithm 1 Answer