eBay Enterprise

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in June 2011.

Interview Details – - I applied on the GSI web site
- they called me within a few days for a phone interview with the manager
- the manager screened me on the phone for about 20 minutes
- then they arranged 3 hour in person interviews
- there were 4 sets of interviews. First was with HR- brief, explained company policies. Next was with 3 technical people at once. Next was with a non-technical project manager, and the last was with the hiring manager.
- they were quite "brutal" in the interviews - they did NOT ask a lot of hard questions, they were just relentless on me and just never seemed satisfied that I would do a good job, despite me being overqualified for the job (I have 20 years experience). I answered every question well, but they were just relentless.

Interview Question – Draw a diagram on the whiteboard of GSI's item-ordering structure (this actually had nothing to do with the skills needed for the job)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – - they left me with a bad impression from being so hard on me in the interviews. It seems like it would be an agonizing place to work.

King of Prussia, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very straight forward. Initial skills test through web, followed by face-to-face manager interview and tech interview. Very good process and promptness in responding with the results.

Interview Question – How do you manage to finish a task when little or no support is available?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good.

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Enterprise in August 2010.

Interview Details – There will be technical phone interview first. After few days they called for a face to face interview. They ask details question based on the resume and you will meet developers, team lead, mangers and director. Seems to take decision quickly.

Interview Question – Asked about algorithm   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Enterprise

Worked for eBay Enterprise? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Enterprise Senior Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Enterprise employees and interview candidates.