eBay Inc. Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2014.

Interview

The interview takes 3 rounds in all. The first two rounds are all about "tell me about yourself". One is a phone interview, and the other is a Skype interview. Both are quite easy. The result only depends on how interesting your experience is and whether or not they like you. In the last round, I was asked question about SQL and mathematics. I didn't do well in this part. But the good thing is, the interviewer would keep asking you questions to help you think.

Interview Questions

• I talked about one of my school project. They asked me in detail how do I deal with the data and my whole thinking process.   Answer Question
  • How do you sell a product to a customer when the customer don't have enough budget to buy it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Inc. (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very pleasant and well organized. Good interview in total and great conversation with nice people. They really knew the company and knew what they want. Tough but fair. Open and direct questions and people are really loving the company as I had the feeling they want the best people for ebay.

Interview Questions

• I cannot say that the questions are difficult or unexpected. I was well prepared and I received questions that i expect. no surprises at all   Answer Question

Salary was not that what it should be.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

First 2 rounds were on phone and 3rd was group panel interview with 4 different people for 3 hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

interview was very similar process to Microsoft or Amazon -- large tech company. Typical routing through HR, set up of a 1 day or 2 day loop with multiple people and a final reviewer (as-app).

Negotiation

Negotiated with someone in HR. They knew what they were doing, and were willing to negotiate. I got some additional sign-on bonus, but was not able to get more vacation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. (San Jose, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Three phone interview in a row. Called director, sr. manager and a manager. One of the interview is technical. Basic SQL question. The second is case, giving you a general case of a investment decision. Very similar to consulting interview. The third is behavior, broad questions about anything possible.

Negotiation

not for intern

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. (San Jose, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Very friendly and easy going interview.

My immediate manager was their at the gate to receive me. Talked to her for about 30 minutes. It was a very casual conversation about the projects I had done in the past. I focused more on my latest project and there were a few basic questions around it.

After that I met a team member, product manager and finally the hiring manager. All the conversation was around my projects only and it was quite inteactive.

Interview Questions

• i come from a software engineering background and they wanted to be sure that I would fit into the Analyst role. I convinced them that how even though being into an engineering profile I was very actively involved with all the teams like - Business Users, QA team, Design folks etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. (San Jose, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

With through a few rounds of interviews. Was tested on my knowledge of excel.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate anything.