eBay Inc. Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Austin, TX recruiter is amazing! Called after 3 days for a phone interview-The recruiting team will communicate the STAR Behavior Interview- Need to give very specific examples. Phone interview was 30 minutes. Everyone was very friendly and informative. Onsite listened to calls of the position was applying for and also onsite simulation testing including typing test. Successful and met with team leader.

Interview Questions

• A time when you did not meet goals... A time when you had poor customer service experience... A time when you had to learn a new skill on the fly... Be very specific... Do homework on company values   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc. (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I passed the phone interview but not the in person interview that included a computer assessment. The assessment included a simulation and a typing test. Candidates must be able to evaluate situations and rate other customer service representatives' performances.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Draper, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Quick phone interview followed by a face to face interview. The phone interview is done by the talent acquisition dept. Then there is a skills and typing test. If you pass all the requirements you receive an in person interview by a manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions: name a time when you went above and beyond. What skills set you apart from others.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

The interview process was easy and comfortable. Went through a temp agency and they screened every hire. It wasn't a hard interview. Asked questions pertaining to customers. Also asked questions on different scenarios.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

interviewed at eBay Inc. (Draper, UT) in December 2013.

Interview

Very easy questions, took a small test to make sure you were able to listen and type data at the same time. The overall process was very easy. The only thing that I have not liked so far is the back ground check is very extensive and they require proof of a lot of things.

Negotiation

There was none... They tell you the pay and all that in advance.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Draper, UT).

Interview

Before an interview, they email you with some tests. Typing test, Internet test, and a basic quiz. Then they have you write down references, and make sure these people KNOW about it, because ebay emails them right away for the references to take a quiz about you. After you pass all that you get an interview. I thought my interview went well, and they said the would get back to me in a few days after checking my background and credit......still no call.....still no email...nothing....I had 8 people from their background check department emailing me because NO ONE communicated....finally they told me I didn't get the position..after 2 weeks...

Interview Questions

• When did you have to break the rules to make a customer happy...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Draper, UT) in January 2011.

Interview

Had an interview over the phone asking basic questions. After phone interview I took a typing test and had a 1:1 interview. Very simple.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you ran into confrontation with a co-worker and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. (Draper, UT) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online, got a call for a interview. at interview took computer skills assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc. (San Jose, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was a seller on eBay. eBay contacted me via email about joining them for their new investigations team. They asked for my phone number to call me. The phone interview lasted for about 20 minutes. They told me I would hear for sure the next day. They emailed the next day and said welcome to the team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2011.

Interview

Called about 1 month after applying. Asked basic questions like describing an instance when you had to provide excellent customer service in a stressful environment and to describe strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Interfered with my school schedule