eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call for a interview. at interview took computer skills assessment test.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Draper, UT

I interviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy questions, took a small test to make sure you were able to listen and type data at the same time. The overall process was very easy. The only thing that I have not liked so far is the back ground check is very extensive and they require proof of a lot of things.

Negotiation Details – There was none... They tell you the pay and all that in advance.

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2009.

Interview Details – I was a seller on eBay. eBay contacted me via email about joining them for their new investigations team. They asked for my phone number to call me. The phone interview lasted for about 20 minutes. They told me I would hear for sure the next day. They emailed the next day and said welcome to the team.

Interview Question – Asked about experience.   Answer Question

Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Before an interview, they email you with some tests. Typing test, Internet test, and a basic quiz. Then they have you write down references, and make sure these people KNOW about it, because ebay emails them right away for the references to take a quiz about you. After you pass all that you get an interview. I thought my interview went well, and they said the would get back to me in a few days after checking my background and credit......still no call.....still no email...nothing....I had 8 people from their background check department emailing me because NO ONE communicated....finally they told me I didn't get the position..after 2 weeks...

Interview Question – When did you have to break the rules to make a customer happy...   View Answer

Draper, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in January 2011.

Interview Details – Had an interview over the phone asking basic questions. After phone interview I took a typing test and had a 1:1 interview. Very simple.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you ran into confrontation with a co-worker and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2011.

Interview Details – Called about 1 month after applying. Asked basic questions like describing an instance when you had to provide excellent customer service in a stressful environment and to describe strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Interfered with my school schedule

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.