eBay Inc.

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2009.

Interview Details – Had two technical interviews in initial phase. I was asked about my previous experience in software engineering, design and analysis. Some questions were related to Web technologies. But interviewers were also interested in my programming languages skills, SQL and database technologies. Some data structures questions were asked. Few questions to see my ability to understand problems and find solutions were asked as well. I wrote some code on the board.

Interview Question – Please explain synchronization in multi-thread environment and show us potential problem with deadlocks.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2009.

Interview Details – it was uplifting

Interview Question – For a numeric field in DB, how do you distinguish between a NULL and zero as it always returns zero in JDBC?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – okay

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Engineering interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.