eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front End Software Engineer Interview

Front End Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2012.

Interview Details – Got HR call through an open event conducted at the company. HR said the interview would be 90 mins and a virtual white board where there would be coding involved. The interviewer calls and asks basic questions regarding HTML (??) , JavaScript. I offer to show him some code samples of mine online but he refuses saying coding is only during in person interview( the HR said this interview will be particularly coding). It was like they were asking questions from some question bank. He hangs up after 30 mins saying someone will be calling me soon. I think its the HR but no, another interviewer calls me. He speaks almost the same way. Nothing about the company or what they do. He sees my code sample and asks me what use is of this. Both of them were using speakerphone so was very low (though the first interviewer rectified it midway). Later HR calls me and says I am not selected. That was expected.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Front End Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.