eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Hadoop Engineer Interview

Hadoop Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired as a contract-to-hire so my interview process was unconventional. I did apply for the job directly (before the contract-to-hire) and was declined the position. When applying directly, the interview process was a series of phone interviews and a single 4-hour on-site interview. I thought that I had done very well in the on-site but later found that the person who asked me the least questions (and I thought I had provided the best answers to) decided against me due to the fact that I knew someone else in the company that they happened to disagree with (I had no clue that they didn't like each other at the time).

Interview Question – The most difficult question was a technical one that I fumbled the answer for. I was asked to provide the pseudo-code for a binary search algorithm. It had been some time since I actually used the algorithm; but I did end up providing a version of it that I derived on my own after about 10 minutes of talking through the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – In contract-to-hire negotiations, I dealt with an outside company (going back-and-forth for days)... When actually converting to a hire, it was a quick process where I didn't negotiate because my manager actually exceeded my expectations with the offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Hadoop Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.