eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for 70 to 80 positions for intern positions. Eventually I got call for Java Backend intern position. The interview went well, but I stuck with the question in REST ful web service.

Interview Question – Which project is your most favorite project and why?   Answer Question

Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, then I went to the office in draper had a interview with three people at the same time. They asked me to introduce myself, then asked my experiences.

Interview Question – There was nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Spoke with them at an on-campus career fair, and received a call the same day to schedule an interview in the following two days.

Actual interview was ~40 minutes and consisted of
-Questions about previous project to a level of detail I was unprepared to answer.
-Some technical questions about OOP and trees
-Questions about the company.

Overall, I would say that the process was fair. This was my first technical interview ever, and I was definitely unprepared/nervous to some extent. One of the things that bothered me most was not being able to recall specific, implementation-level details about my previous work experience, but I wouldn't say that it was unfair for them to ask about it.

If nothing else, it was good practice which helped for other interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you implemented this past project.   Answer Question

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – Very simple coding test and probability questions. Should be covered in any basic CS courses.

Reason for Declining – The salary is not very competitive.

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online to a blanket MBA position with eBay and was contacted about a week later. I had an HR screen (just to make sure I wasn't crazy), then I had a phone interview with my hiring manager a few days later. The following day, I interviewed with a senior manager in the company. In both interviews, they asked me questions specifically related to the job I would do over the summer to see if I had ideas to solve the business question they faced (I also found out about the position through the interviews, so it wasn't easy to prepare). I got the offer the following day from HR and asked for some time to think. She was very pushy and rude, but overall it was a pretty painless process.

Interview Question – Tell me about trends in the business you were previously involved in.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern offers don't seem to be negotiable. They were willing to cover a flight from abroad however.

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was straight-forward with what he wanted to know but was also somewhat rude. Ended the interview with "I'm done talking with you." And hung up.

Interview Question – What is a hash-map?   View Answer

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!