eBay Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.1

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

Met with lots of people - which was nice - not just like 2 interviews but 10. it was not super well organized.

Everyone was friendly.

I worked mostly with the recruiter.

Other interviews were more organized.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a month I received call from a recruiter who then scheduled my phone interview. Interviewer was nice and was helping me break the problem into pieces. Towards the end he also discussed some practices that are followed at the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to determine if two rectangles overlap. Question was actually easy but I wasn't in right frame of mind and couldn't solve it in given time. Discuss Java collections.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at eBay Inc. (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in for an intensive round of interviews - meeting with 6 people over 5 hours. Two of the interviews were late for the interview. One of the people I interviewed with was clearly not interested in meeting with me and was playing "gotcha." She wanted the role and was trying to trip me up

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

Standard out of the text book questions in most of the rounds. Some of the interviewers asked about probability and really some tricky questions - but that was just one or two guys. But most of the questions were very easy and even if you had brushed up your algo skills once, you can answer them very easily.

Interview Questions

• Longest Common Subsequence, DFS and print paths from the root node to all the nodes in the tree etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2015.

Interview

The process take about 1 month, basic questions about algorithms and test, 1 phone interview, and 5 skype interviews, the feedbacks should not be negative and some of them are positive

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

I apply on line and get a phone interview. The interviewer was 30 minutes late and only interview me about 5 minutes, just asking some simple question about my resume. And then I get rejected next day.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. I applied online and got an email from one of the recruiters. She set me up for a technical phone interview.

It started off with few basic java questions for 10 minutes followed by a Tree question that I had to code in collabedit.

Interview Questions

• How are values passed in Java? By value or by reference?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between a set and a map? Can you place a set inside a map?   Answer Question
    • Find the Least common ancestor for two given nodes in a tree.
      I solved this question using double recursion but the interviewer was expecting me to solve it in a better way.

Answer Question
    • How do you check if a string is palindrome or not?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview

Phone interview with HR, longer phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with hiring manager and team members, brief skills test, long tour. I was introduced to the team and had the opportunity to ask as many questions as I wanted to.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

45 minutes phone interview with hiring manager. Went through background, had two cases, one analytical discussion and one SQL question. The first case question was how to define success for a recommendation system. The business case was how to decide a) whether should the company launch certain function in the APP in certain country and b) how to define success.

Interview Questions

• How to implement ranking function in SQL   1 Answer

Technical PhD Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

Applied the position in late February and got back in one week. Went through three rounds of interview. First spoke with the hiring manager, followed by two more group members. All these interviews involved general machine learning and algorithm questions. Preparation for all the contents listed on resume and algorithm questions are indispensable.

Interview Questions

• What are the existing ensemble methods? Pros and cons.   Answer Question