eBay Inc.

Getting the Interview

299 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial and BI Analyst Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – get 2 rounds phone interview, first from a Director of Data Center Operations, second from a Senior Manager at Global Data Center Service and a Senior Finance Manager.

Interview Question – How to build the financial model for Data Center future capacity expansion?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Mobile Intern Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had two rounds of interviews. First with the Hiring Manager and then with his manager. People were friendly. The whole process took less than a week's time. However, it took a long while to receive the offer letter.
First Round:
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. What language did you use as a developer. Tell me the pluses and minuses.
3. Walk me through your achievements.
4. Where do you rate yourself in SQL?
5. Did you face challenges when dealing with other teams? How do you come out of it?
6. Any questions for me?

Second Round:
1. How did you land up in your college? Do you think you made the right decision? How do you know it?
2. Why do you think internship is necessary for you and at eBay?
3. How are financing your education?
4. Tell me the analytics similarities and differences between my previous company and eBay?
5. Any Questions for me?

The entire recruitment team was very friendly and helpful.

All the best!

Interview Question – I never thought they would ask about my college and questions related to that!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer, I heard, is one of the best in the industry! Also, it very closely matched to what I wanted to post my MBA, I did not really bother!

Software Engineer II Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially the recruited contacted me and scheduled a 30 minute phone screen. He asked me about my background and resume and noted down everything I said, and told me he would pass on these details to all hiring managers.

After a few days, I was scheduled for two technical phone screens on the same day - one hour each.

I was asked basic algorithm questions in both the interviews.

I solved the algorithm asked in the first interview within 20 minutes. But, he kept asking for other possible solutions. He accepted my initial solution to be the best approach, but still wanted me to identify other approaches. I would have suggested 5 or 6 approaches. He then asked the question #2 when there was just 5 minutes left.

The interviewer in the second call was in a high position, but hardly knew how to talk in an interview. She could not answer me a simple question I asked to her (about development methodologies the team used).

I received a rejection email within 3 days after the interview.

Interview Question – 1. Implement a function that would accept two strings and check if one string is an anagram of the other.
2. Given an array(list) of integers, write a function that would determine if the elements in the array can be divided into two parts each giving the same sum.
3. Email address drop-down application. For example, when we type email address while composing an email, we get a drop down of suggested email address options starting with same letter(s). Write code to do this. (This was basically the implementation of trie data structure).
  Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Interview is conducted by the people those have more hands on experience, It is very good

Interview Question – HR questions are difficult   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews, asked basic questions on Java, Javascript, CSS, HTML, jquery etc. Nothing too tough.

Interview Question – basic questions on Java, Javascript, CSS, HTML, jquery   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, great conversation and quick to schedule follow up interview. Second round phone interview went well then radio silence.

Interview Question – Pretty basic interview format...background, most proud of, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations and Logistics Specialist Interview

Draper, UT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiting agency, scheduled an interview the next day.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? All the questions surprised me though, as none were particularly specific, and only one somewhat regarding my work experience.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2013.

Interview Details – eBay has a very extensive hiring process but didn't feel tedious because I really wanted the job. There is the initial application and assessment, then a phone interview, the second application (information for background check), referral surveys, you have to have 3 previous coworkers and 2 previous supervisors complete a survey about you via email, (getting people to agree was easy, but getting people to follow through, not so easy, I had to send about 10 surveys to get all of mine completed. Then they have you come in to speak with a recruiter about what the job is like, take a typing and skills test, then you'll sit with an agent to listen to a call, and if you still want to to work there, THEN you get an interview. The questions they ask are really difficult and all kind of sound the same, its all about sharing examples of past work experience for customer service, so be prepared with multiple examples.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you learned something on the job and had to make a quick decision.   View Answer
  • Give an example of a situation that you did not handle the way you wanted to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the starting wage for my position was firm, and there were three set schedules to chose from with no flexibility.

Asset Protection Investigator Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Multi part interview. Panel and manager. Numerous job related questions including personality and real world application of fraud scenerios.

Interview Question – How you would commit fraud, personality questions. Demeanor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

MTS1 Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Process was expedited, this was a special case.

Interview Question – given a chess board that is 3 x 3 squares, and only one piece, the knight, write a program that will move the knight from any starting location to any other (given) location in the board and return an error if it can not.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. interview questions and advice. All 299 interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.