eBay Inc.

326 candidate interviews

Summer Intern: Mobile Web Engineer Interview

Summer Intern: Mobile Web Engineer

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – I was contacted on behalf of the team leader by a hiring manager few weeks after my online application. I went through 2 rounds of interview, the 1st one was a half an hour phone interview with the team manager explaining his needs and requirements for the position and then inquiring about my work experience and knowledge in the field of web development. The 2nd interview was a technical one.

Interview Question – I was asked a few basic questions to judge my knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, php, javascript, etc.   Answer Question

Personal Seller Interview

Personal Seller

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – Easy to use and pricing is fair. Would recommend over other places as most common household name.

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – One written test, 5 rounds of interview which included one round of HR
Written test had two papers : One Coding and the other was math & reasoning.

Interview Question – Design a database for a given scenario. Expected to take care of all possible situations   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – I applied through a college career fair and online. After being contacted by a recruiter I had one 1 hour phone interview and a 2 hour onsite interview.

Interview Question – Question asked will be specific to the team you are applying for. I was interviewing for a backend team and got asked a lot of simple sql questions.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Front End Developer

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2012.

Interview Details – Worst Interview process
-i was contacted for Front End Developer role at eBay mobile.

but during the interview, the hiring manager says i am looking for iOS developer, not a Front End.

He told he will co-ordniate with recruiter, and get me set in another team.

Even i emailed, called the recruiter, asking about the confusion, and he never bothered to reply back.

Interview Question – Sorry, we are looking for iOS developer, not Web !   Answer Question

M1 Interview

M1

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interview and they told me I got selected and asked me to send all the necessary documents. But after that no communication. Worst response from the HR.

Interview Question – questions on stack and Threading   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – They come to campus. My interview is 9 am in the morning, and they were late. This made me mad. Without given a job description, they start the interview. I have around 4 year work experience, they ask me some binary operation.

Interview Question – Find the number of 1 or 0 in a binary formated int.   View Answers (2)

Paid Search Manager Interview

Paid Search Manager

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – Mainly asked questions regarding SEM/SEO expertise, as well as eBay fee structure/business model. Interested in people with specific SEM backgrounds, as well as general analytical backgrounds.

Interview Question – There was a portion of the interview which involved sitting down at a computer and working on a spreadsheet, extracting insights, and putting together a recommendation.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – There were 2 phone rounds which were semi technical and semi personal

Interview Question – SQL high level questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and pretty fluid

Interview Details – all basic java question and problem solve

Interview Question – why super class assignment to subclass will give an error?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. interview questions and advice. All 326 interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.