eBay Inc.

326 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – One on-campus, two phone interviews (what I would guess is the usual data structures/algorithms/applications questions), and a final brief conversation with the manager. Hiring manager sent me an overview of the position I was being interviewed for after the one on one on campus interview.

Interview Question – Nothing specific I can say, but lots of questions related to the position as well as questions you would be able to answer after taking a data structures course.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2012.

Interview Details – Through employee referral. Phone interview with the recruiter 3 times than on site to meet with 5 other people. They all seems busy and didn't ask me much beside telling me about their teams and what they do. I met with each of these 5 people for 30 minutes and was offer the job the following week.

Interview Question – They didn't ask me much beside "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" other than that they just talked to me about the job requirements and the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – All position have a salary range and they offered me the lowest on the range but I brought it up to mid level and have them included a signed on bonus.

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – Had 2 phone interviews. Most of the questions were about performance and site speed. Was asked to write code in collabedit. Had another 5 rounds of interviews on-site and all of them were technical. Offer was made a day after the on-site interview. The whole process was really fast.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just algorithms and if you know the basics right, it wont be an issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – The hiring process was smooth, we're asked many questions on Java language, how to improve scalability and reliability ....... Not much asked on algorithms....... The entire process was ok and things were fine. The typical questions were - explain OOPS concepts ... Difference between overloading and overriding.... Exceptions and their types....
Why you want to work at ebay.....

Interview Question – What's the use of final keyword in Java and some basis questions on multi threading.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Draper, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview first, then I went to the office in draper had a interview with three people at the same time. They asked me to introduce myself, then asked my experiences.

Interview Question – There was nothing really unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Development Intern Interview

Software Development Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – 4 phone interviews in Search Science team. Asked questions on BFS, DFS. A probability question in lottery winning. A brain teaser Q. Depth-level machine learning questions. gave a particular scenario and asked which ML classifier u will use and why. Linked list loop detection, BST to BT. Asked many questions from my current research works. Also asked Q on naïve Bayes and spam filtering.

Interview Question – gave a particular scenario and asked which ML classifier u will use and why.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was very pleasant and well organized. Good interview in total and great conversation with nice people. They really knew the company and knew what they want. Tough but fair. Open and direct questions and people are really loving the company as I had the feeling they want the best people for ebay.

Interview Question – I cannot say that the questions are difficult or unexpected. I was well prepared and I received questions that i expect. no surprises at all   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was not that what it should be.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2013.

Interview Details – Was reached out to by recruiter, came in and interviewed with 5 people back-to-back. Had one final phone interview, and was offered a full-time position. Very efficient and pleasant. Took around 2 months from beginning to end.

Interview Question – SQL questions and brain teasers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Software Engineering Internship
College Station, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Apply through campus recruiter. Got a phone interview about 1 month later. The interviewer asked me 2 programming questions. I did well on the first question but the second question was a little bit tricky so I did not have time to finish it.

Interview Question – Convert an arbitrary integer number to spoken words. I could implement a version of this algorithm with limit of integer below 10000. But for all integer I do not have the answer.   Answer Question

Strategic Partner Manager Interview

Strategic Partner Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2013.

Interview Details – 2 phone screens then 4 interviews on-site

Interview Question – None, all were focused on past experience and qualifications for the job   Answer Question