eBay Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.1

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

1 interview - it was not tricky and it was straight forward. Nice people all around you and they have a cafe that was very cool. good campus too. was what you would expect for the job.

Standard

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2012.

I applied online via dice
    Recruiter called me after a few days and scheduled a telephonic technical round
    then 5 rounds of in person interview at ebay office each 30-45 minutes

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2013.

Three phone interview in a row. Called director, sr. manager and a manager. One of the interview is technical. Basic SQL question. The second is case, giving you a general case of a investment decision. Very similar to consulting interview. The third is behavior, broad questions about anything possible.

not for intern

Software Engineer Interview

one day interview, 6 interviews including the manager. Almost everybody asked technical questions, but not very hard, they focused on fundamental stuff. It's ok if you failed to answer some questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers
    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Questions
    • 1. Fibonacci numbers
      1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs
        Answer Question

TCC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2013.

Hiring Process Was Long and it was difficult waiting on a call for a start date. The interview process was not organized properly. IT WAS DIFFICULT WAITING ON A CALL FOR A START DATE. THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WAS NOT ORGANIZED PROPERLY.....

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2010.

Very precise and straightforward. phone interview + 4 face-to-face interviews. Technical, and personality related interviews. Very professionally done. First a phone interview that lasted an hour, and was very thorough, then was called on-site for the face to face interviews. 4 hours, less gruelling than I thought it would be ;)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Inc..

One on-campus, two phone interviews (what I would guess is the usual data structures/algorithms/applications questions), and a final brief conversation with the manager. Hiring manager sent me an overview of the position I was being interviewed for after the one on one on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific I can say, but lots of questions related to the position as well as questions you would be able to answer after taking a data structures course.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2012.

Through employee referral. Phone interview with the recruiter 3 times than on site to meet with 5 other people. They all seems busy and didn't ask me much beside telling me about their teams and what they do. I met with each of these 5 people for 30 minutes and was offer the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me much beside "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" other than that they just talked to me about the job requirements and the team.   Answer Question
    All position have a salary range and they offered me the lowest on the range but I brought it up to mid level and have them included a signed on bonus.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2012.

Had 2 phone interviews. Most of the questions were about performance and site speed. Was asked to write code in collabedit. Had another 5 rounds of interviews on-site and all of them were technical. Offer was made a day after the on-site interview. The whole process was really fast.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just algorithms and if you know the basics right, it wont be an issue.   Answer Question