eBay Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
346 interviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

one day interview, 6 interviews including the manager. Almost everybody asked technical questions, but not very hard, they focused on fundamental stuff. It's ok if you failed to answer some questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers
    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Questions
    • 1. Fibonacci numbers
      1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs
        Answer Question

TCC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2013.

Hiring Process Was Long and it was difficult waiting on a call for a start date. The interview process was not organized properly. IT WAS DIFFICULT WAITING ON A CALL FOR A START DATE. THE INTERVIEW PROCESS WAS NOT ORGANIZED PROPERLY.....

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2010.

Very precise and straightforward. phone interview + 4 face-to-face interviews. Technical, and personality related interviews. Very professionally done. First a phone interview that lasted an hour, and was very thorough, then was called on-site for the face to face interviews. 4 hours, less gruelling than I thought it would be ;)

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at eBay Inc..

One on-campus, two phone interviews (what I would guess is the usual data structures/algorithms/applications questions), and a final brief conversation with the manager. Hiring manager sent me an overview of the position I was being interviewed for after the one on one on campus interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing specific I can say, but lots of questions related to the position as well as questions you would be able to answer after taking a data structures course.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2012.

Through employee referral. Phone interview with the recruiter 3 times than on site to meet with 5 other people. They all seems busy and didn't ask me much beside telling me about their teams and what they do. I met with each of these 5 people for 30 minutes and was offer the job the following week.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask me much beside "where do you see yourself in 5 years?" other than that they just talked to me about the job requirements and the team.   Answer Question
    All position have a salary range and they offered me the lowest on the range but I brought it up to mid level and have them included a signed on bonus.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2012.

Had 2 phone interviews. Most of the questions were about performance and site speed. Was asked to write code in collabedit. Had another 5 rounds of interviews on-site and all of them were technical. Offer was made a day after the on-site interview. The whole process was really fast.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just algorithms and if you know the basics right, it wont be an issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc..

The hiring process was smooth, we're asked many questions on Java language, how to improve scalability and reliability ....... Not much asked on algorithms....... The entire process was ok and things were fine. The typical questions were - explain OOPS concepts ... Difference between overloading and overriding.... Exceptions and their types....
    Why you want to work at ebay.....

Interview Questions
    • What's the use of final keyword in Java and some basis questions on multi threading.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Draper, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

I had a phone interview first, then I went to the office in draper had a interview with three people at the same time. They asked me to introduce myself, then asked my experiences.

Software Development Intern Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

4 phone interviews in Search Science team. Asked questions on BFS, DFS. A probability question in lottery winning. A brain teaser Q. Depth-level machine learning questions. gave a particular scenario and asked which ML classifier u will use and why. Linked list loop detection, BST to BT. Asked many questions from my current research works. Also asked Q on naïve Bayes and spam filtering.

Interview Questions
    • gave a particular scenario and asked which ML classifier u will use and why.   Answer Question