Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.
- Software Engineer (73)
- Software Engineer II (17)
- Software Engineer Intern (15)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Intern (10)
- Marketing Manager (10)
- Customer Service Representative (10)
- Product Manager (9)
- Software Developer (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Senior Product Manager (4)
- Software QA Engineer (4)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Software Engineer III (3)
- Staff Software Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer (3)
- Director (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Database Administrator (2)
- User Interface Designer (2)
- New Grad Software Engineer (2)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Senior Business Systems Analyst (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- QE Engineer (2)
- Key Account Manager (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Front End Developer (2)
- Analyst (2)
Analytics Manager Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2015.
45 minutes phone interview with hiring manager. Went through background, had two cases, one analytical discussion and one SQL question. The first case question was how to define success for a recommendation system. The business case was how to decide a) whether should the company launch certain function in the APP in certain country and b) how to define success.
- How to implement ranking function in SQL 1 Answer
Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.
Analytics Manager InterviewNo OfferAverage InterviewNo OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 7+ months – interviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2014.
I had 3 telephone interviews and 4 face to face interviews over a 7 month period. The final interview consisted of 4 back to back interviews each lasting one hour with a different person. I was surprised to find that I did not see any English people in the Richmond London office. I can only assume that eBay does not employ English people.
- What has happened to eBay in the news recently? 1 Answer
Manager Analytics InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days – interviewed at eBay Inc. (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.
- Telephonic interview
- Rude interviewer
- Did not even introduce himself properly
- Overall felt that he was a nuisance and did not really like working at ebay
- Type of questions asked during the interview sort of suggested that the interview was totally unstructured
- - Asked very random questions e.g., how do you estimate the safe distance from shore given that there could be a tsunami? No data, no historical references, but provide an answer using math Answer Question
- General questions around Estimates and Modeling. But interviewer was not that confident. Answer Question