eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by recruiter, great conversation and quick to schedule follow up interview. Second round phone interview went well then radio silence.

Interview Question – Pretty basic interview format...background, most proud of, etc.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Very long and extremely involved

Interview Question – They were not that difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated the hourly pay for the contract term.

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – HR emailed regarding the next day interview. Since there was less than 24 hrs notice for the off-campus interview, I asked for clarification for the interview process. HR provided me incorrect information, claiming the interview would mostly be behavior/ fit questions. The interviewer called the next day and was at least 30 minutes late in calling. I emailed HR to figure out what had happened. When the interviewer called, he spent what felt like forever on describing the job. He only asked one question about my resume and it was not behavioral. What surprised me, especially considering time, is that he asked me a case question about Amazon and then asked me more technical questions about online loyalty marketing.

Interview Question – The question was tricky in the fact that it was technical to the job and I was not expecting a case question at all. It was about testing your understanding of how much online commerce data can be estimated of the competitor based directly on one online ad.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Difficult Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Most difficult and unrewarding interview that I have ever had. I spent an entire day at the office (7 interviews that lasted 45 minutes each).

eBay is a company of VERY smart people who don't particularly like their jobs. No one was enthusiastic about their roles and it seemed as if everyone was unsure of the direction of the company.

I thought I nailed the interviews - good background for the position, top school, etc... The bottom line, I don't think I was a fit with the team. Despite the fact that the role was client facing, everyone seemed pretty geeky. Anyways, it worked out because two weeks later I got a offer from Google.

I would stay away.

Interview Question – Walk me through an SQL query, several case problems, presentation   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2008.

Interview Details – The interview started out very organized. The recruiter/HR department was courtegous and explained the position well. The phone interview with the hiring manager was good. Spent about 30 minutes going over the questions. The on-site interview was just ok and didn't give a good impression of the company culture.

Interview Questions

• If you had 10 million dollars to spend to market eBay, how would you spend it   View Answer
  • How would you get existing members to become more active?   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2008.

Interview Details – Probably one of the most taxing I've ever been through. I had a take-home skills test to do, and I went in for two rounds of in-person interviews and spent 3+ hours each time. I was asked to give a portfolio presentation to a room full of people -- a first for me in this type of position. All went well and I had a verbal offer, but the day before I was to receive the written offer, hiring was frozen.

Interview Question – Not a specific question, but being asked to defend my choices and reasoning on the take-home skills test.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied online and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Hired from online contact, in particular from website. Classic interview process with questions from background, coursework, field project. more questions about me and my skills, how I developed them and what I would like to be in 10 years.
arrange some question for the interviewer because you will need to do 1 or 2.

Interview Question – How you manage the weaknesses of a person in your group   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Invited for initial interview by HR
1. interview with manager for the position
-basics about resume and qualification
- some what-if test questions and a case to solve
2. interview with upper management
-basics about resume and qualification
-relatively long (20-30min) test case

Interview Question – Test case to project market & revenue potential for a product   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Overall, I wouldn't say the interview was super difficult, but it was different from what I was accustomed to. They like to ask questions related to finding out how you think and approach things (trying to understand your thought process). They hardly ask any typical questions you'd expect, and more hypothetical ones (i.e. how would you determine the number of burrito shops in a certain city?). It seemed like they cared more about your overall intelligence versus your actual experience.

Interview Question – How would you go about determining how many burrito shops were in your home town, without access to the Internet or any resources?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in May 2010.

Interview Details – Straight forward: 1) Phone interview with a case study and one puzzle 2) onsite with several questions on ebay site and some basic SQL questions. Make sure the interviewer understands your sql logic

Interview Question – Something about selling stuff on ebay   Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!