eBay Inc.

Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Ebay needs a more standard recruiting process. I applied through a career fair at my university. The interview process took two months for me, with an in person at my campus and a long one at their HQ.

Interview questions were creative and product based. It wasn't too technical, although I did have to give some considerations to the technical feasibility of my ideas.

Interview Questions
  • How can you improve <insert random product>?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at eBay Inc..

eBay lacks any formal interview processes. Every team has their own style, but most people end up asking you about your previous jobs. They are mainly trying to see a culture fit more than anything else.

Focus on 5 areas of what product managers should be doing.
    1) Know the product inside out
    2) Strong relationships with other PMs, engineerings, QA and business partners
    3) Communication
    4) Measure everything
    5) Innovation / thinking outside the box

Interview Questions
    They are flexible to negotiate on:
    1) Salary (it's a wide range)
    2) upfront bonus (bonus comes from team's budget, so gets tricky if the budget is tight)
    3) Job level (important as bonus depends on it). Make sure to ask what your bonus target it. 10% is level 25, 15% if level 26, 20% is level 27 (Sr. manager), 25% is level 28 (Director). You should negotiate the right level.
    4) RSU's: they will seem rigid, but you can negotiate on RSU's

Product Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at eBay Inc..

It was an on campus interview. First round is about why you want the position, discuss about a product of eBay that you want to improve, or your ideal product of ebusiness. Second and Third round are also about real business questions. Like how you would design a mobile app view, how you would know which area is the user come from, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How to improve the daily deal interface so that we can put as much deals on while get enough attraction from buyers.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

Recruiter reached out to me, took a phone interview. Phone interview with the hiring manager, second phone interview. Invited to fly out for in person interview. Took all day, met with 9 people in various roles. I think the morning was the equivalent of a first day of interviews, and the afternoon would have been the second day if invited back. Thought it went well, but didn't hear back in the 3-5 business days they had said. Emailed HR, but didn't get a response. Saw the position was reposted with different experience. Would have expected a courtesy - we've decided to pursue other candidates - type email.

Everyone seemed nice and happy to work there. Dress is business casual.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2012.

Accelerated due to outstanding offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2011.

Phone call with the recruiter, phone screen with the manager, flew out for a day of interviews with the team itself (7 people in one day). Difficulty of questions varied by person, everybody was very nice and the whoel thing seemed well-organized. They did not get back to me with a decision for three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a better metric for measuring seller success?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2012.

The position was Traffic PM and involved driving traffic to ebay's website from various channels. I got a call from the recruiter to schedule the interview. I was expecting a behavioral interview but the interviewer went into every detail in my resume. He asked about a small business I had built, and played the devil's advocate. He challenged my strategies and asked me how I would react if a competitor tries to explore my space. He also asked me questions like how we can improve ebay. I talked about improving search, and gave him a suggestion. He asked me how I would implement it. I think I did well but didn't receive an offer. I asked for my interviewer's feedback, which was really helpful. It was a great experience. The overall process was pretty fast; I interviewed on a Friday, and was told the result on the next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about improving ebay's current search algorithm   Answer Question
    • What if competitor enters you business in a big way. How would you retaliate?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2011.

Three rounds of phone interviews (did not pass 3rd round). Was first contacted by a Senior Product Manager to set up an initial phone interview followed by a Dev. Manager a week later. The VP of PM was the last interviewer. The whole process from the first phone interview to the hiring decision took roughly more than five weeks. Each interviewer did a great job of explaining the group and expectations of the role.

Interview Questions
    • QA and Dev are having a kick off meeting to discuss a new product or feature. You can only attend to one. Which one will you attend?   View Answer

Product Manager Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2011.

It was a product management summer internship position for Ebay in San Jose. I applied on Ebay Careers and was invited for interview by the product manager. It was pretty straightforward, he asked me about my pas experience with technical teams and about customer interactions I had in my past job and the challenges one might have with technical teams and how to sometimes say no to them!