eBay Inc.

eBay Inc. Project Manager Interview Questions

3.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2012.

The hiring and interview process was relatively straightforward and standard. You are scheduled for a panel of interviews between 6-8 people with each getting about 30 minutes of time. I was interviewed by an array of other contractor employees and then finally interviewed by the lead engineer, a senior engineer, the product manager and then the senior product development architect.

Interview Questions
  • Asking who I worked with at a previous company given how the interviewer also previously worked for the same company but at a different company campus.   View Answer
It was a pre-negotiated contract rate by a referral/contract placement agency.

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2012.

I was taken on contracting, so for contracting it was fairly simple, 2 rounds of interview, 1 telephonic & other F2F.

I

Interview Questions
    • None, all questions asked were general project management questions. They did mention that Project manager doesnt work as a Business analyst or its not needed that a PM know the technical work, but they do expect a PM to be a BA as well as know the technical details, so interview wise you will clear it, but you need to be all that to survive.   Answer Question
    I was contacting with Ebay so joined them as a consultant.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

HR phone screening and then 1-2-1 Competencies based interview with hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to work with people who were resistent to change   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2010.

Was interviewed by 5 folks and then the HR interviewed

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was tough, they did not accept most demands

Project Manager Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2010.

Very difficult to understand the interviewer. It sounded like she was using a speaker phone and her accent made a bad situation even worse. I hope that since my interview, they've corrected this because it's difficult to correctly answer a question if you don't fully understand what is being asked.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2010.

Staffing agency informed me that eBay doesn't do direct recruitment in India. The recruitment for eBay is handled by three Indian based IT companies. The recruitment in eBay is a 4 step process. 3 rounds of PM interview followed by 1 last round with the IT director of eBay India.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly scenario based questions were asked based on your resume credentials.   Answer Question
    • Aptitude and attitude determining questions were also asked.   Answer Question