eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process was relatively straightforward and standard. You are scheduled for a panel of interviews between 6-8 people with each getting about 30 minutes of time. I was interviewed by an array of other contractor employees and then finally interviewed by the lead engineer, a senior engineer, the product manager and then the senior product development architect.

Interview Question – Asking who I worked with at a previous company given how the interviewer also previously worked for the same company but at a different company campus.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a pre-negotiated contract rate by a referral/contract placement agency.

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was taken on contracting, so for contracting it was fairly simple, 2 rounds of interview, 1 telephonic & other F2F.

I

Interview Question – None, all questions asked were general project management questions. They did mention that Project manager doesnt work as a Business analyst or its not needed that a PM know the technical work, but they do expect a PM to be a BA as well as know the technical details, so interview wise you will clear it, but you need to be all that to survive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was contacting with Ebay so joined them as a consultant.

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – HR phone screening and then 1-2-1 Competencies based interview with hiring manager

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had to work with people who were resistent to change   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by 5 folks and then the HR interviewed

Interview Question – Career goals for the nest 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was tough, they did not accept most demands

Project Manager

The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very difficult to understand the interviewer. It sounded like she was using a speaker phone and her accent made a bad situation even worse. I hope that since my interview, they've corrected this because it's difficult to correctly answer a question if you don't fully understand what is being asked.

Interview Question – Explain SEO.   View Answer

Chennai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – Staffing agency informed me that eBay doesn't do direct recruitment in India. The recruitment for eBay is handled by three Indian based IT companies. The recruitment in eBay is a 4 step process. 3 rounds of PM interview followed by 1 last round with the IT director of eBay India.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario based questions were asked based on your resume credentials.   Answer Question
  • Aptitude and attitude determining questions were also asked.   Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!