eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
San Jose, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was reffered by one of my friends in Ebay. Got interview call as my experience was relevant to their requirement. I got a call in a week the hiring manager was very well unorganized. I was asked all developing questions on Java, DB, Junit.

Interview Question – What are the dis advantages of VIew.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2010.

Interview Details – A recruiter had fixed a phone interview first. The interviewer was a guy from the team. He asked me few QA questions and regarding my previous projects. It went well and I answered most of the questions. Then after 3 weeks my recruiter said that they want me to write a code in Java and then send back to them. I wondered why they want a QA to write code but anyhow i knew basic Java so i wrote the code and sent them back. Then I was called for F2F. It was a nightmare. First I met with the same guy who had conducted the phone interview. He made me walk a lot since he couldnt find an empty room to interview me. Then after finding one the interview started. First one was" tell me about yourself"..Then Java questions started. Worst of all he made me stand on a white board and made me write the code. I told him that I dont know Java much, i am a QA, but i can tell you the logic. After writing the code when I was trying to explain the code I noticed that he was not looking at the board but instead texting on his cell phone. All this time he didnt smile even once and was neither polite. It was like as if I was a criminal standing in a court room and he was judging me. After the first one. He sent another woman to interview me. I was happy that being a woman atleast she would be polite. But she was even worse. She was making faces while I was answering the questions.
The worst 2 things that I felt about the interview were:
1) I had gone to interview for a QA position but I wasnt asked even a single QA related question. All I was asked was Java and even made to write code in Java.
2) They were the most impolite or you can say rude I have ever met professionally. No pleasantries at all. :(

Interview Question – Write a code in java to read a file and then reverse its contents.
Like if its written " My interview was bad"

It should reverse in a way "bad was interview my" and not

"dab saw weivretni ym"
  Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!