eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the position of Risk Analyst with paypal online. Got a call from recruiter. Basic questions on what you do, why are you looking for new job etc. The second round was a 30- 40 mts phone screen with a team member. Basic questions on what I do, my role etc was asked. The next day the recruiter called me for a in person interview at their San Jose office.
It was a 5-6 hour interview with 45mts-1 hour for each person. I met with several senior analysts, managera and senior managers. Basic SQL and stat based questiosn were asked. I felt I did the interview well however I did not receive any offer.
Two things were a little wierd-
There was a lunch interview and the person conducting the interview asked me to finsh the lunch quick so that he will get some time to get back to conference room and ask for some questions more. That was very pissing and unprofessional. They could have scheduled it better if they were wanting to ask more questions.
Second was, during the process of interview, they asked me a business case questions ( which was an actual problem they faced a couple of years ago). I tried my best to answer it and I guess this is the point where I lost. They expected more from the candidate, I believe. I felt that was bit unrealistic, how can they expect an anlyst with one year work experience would be able to solve a real business case. Either they should have changed the work exp in the job positing or should not have expected someone to do well in a domain specific real business case.
Overall the experience was okie, I wasnt too excited or disappointed. The interviews were not too hard. I enjoyed talking to all of them.

Interview Question – Business cases   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in August 2009.

Interview Details – I got 4 people interviewed me. Each person will interview u about 1 hr.

Interview Question – how would balance your work and life   View Answer

Negotiation Details – u can ask at lear $90,0000

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Risk Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.