Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.
- Software Engineer (73)
- Software Engineer II (17)
- Software Engineer Intern (15)
- Senior Software Engineer (14)
- Intern (10)
- Marketing Manager (10)
- Customer Service Representative (10)
- Product Manager (9)
- Software Developer (6)
- Project Manager (6)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Senior Product Manager (4)
- Software QA Engineer (4)
- Senior Manager (4)
- Software Engineer III (3)
- Staff Software Engineer (3)
- Software Development Engineer (3)
- Director (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Database Administrator (2)
- User Interface Designer (2)
- New Grad Software Engineer (2)
- Senior Analyst (2)
- Senior Business Systems Analyst (2)
- Account Manager (2)
- QE Engineer (2)
- Key Account Manager (2)
- Finance Manager (2)
- Front End Developer (2)
- Analyst (2)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at eBay Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.
The process was pretty straightforward. I applied online at their website and got a call from the recruiter Peter O' Neil in a couple of weeks. An interview was scheduled for 1 hr over the phone. Initially I was asked a bunch of knowledge-based qs related to arrays,hash tables,REST,JSon,Relational Databases etc.
- I was given a class definition and function signature in Java and I had to define the function. I was told that we know how to read characters from a stream of input characters and my function had to return a line of characters from the input stream. Had to handle the corresponding errors. Answer Question
- Declined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewDeclined OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at eBay Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.
Recruiter called me and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager
Reasons for Declining
I am waiting for the 2nd round of interviews
Helpful (1)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took 2 days – interviewed at eBay Inc. (Brisbane, CA) in January 2008.
It was a pretty efficient process. I talked to the recruiter over the phone and she was able to set up another phone interview within a few days. I did not feel like it was a match for what I was looking for at that time but the interview process was pleasant overall. The recruiter followed up with me to update what was going on, I felt they treated their candidates with respect.
- Since it was the 1st interview with the hiring manager, the questions were pretty general - walk thru experience and what you are looking for in your next job, etc. They were looking for someone with growth potential who can maybe take over the hiring manager's job someday, so they are definitely not just looking for someone who is experienced, but someone with potential to grow into a more senior role. Answer Question