eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in July 2013.

Interview Details – interview was very similar process to Microsoft or Amazon -- large tech company. Typical routing through HR, set up of a 1 day or 2 day loop with multiple people and a final reviewer (as-app).

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with someone in HR. They knew what they were doing, and were willing to negotiate. I got some additional sign-on bonus, but was not able to get more vacation.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers

Answer Question

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initially the recruited contacted me and scheduled a 30 minute phone screen. He asked me about my background and resume and noted down everything I said, and told me he would pass on these details to all hiring managers.

After a few days, I was scheduled for two technical phone screens on the same day - one hour each.

I was asked basic algorithm questions in both the interviews.

I solved the algorithm asked in the first interview within 20 minutes. But, he kept asking for other possible solutions. He accepted my initial solution to be the best approach, but still wanted me to identify other approaches. I would have suggested 5 or 6 approaches. He then asked the question #2 when there was just 5 minutes left.

The interviewer in the second call was in a high position, but hardly knew how to talk in an interview. She could not answer me a simple question I asked to her (about development methodologies the team used).

I received a rejection email within 3 days after the interview.

Interview Question – 1. Implement a function that would accept two strings and check if one string is an anagram of the other.
2. Given an array(list) of integers, write a function that would determine if the elements in the array can be divided into two parts each giving the same sum.
3. Email address drop-down application. For example, when we type email address while composing an email, we get a drop down of suggested email address options starting with same letter(s). Write code to do this. (This was basically the implementation of trie data structure).
  Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – The interview was for two hours. They asked about my resume. While I was telling them, they cut me short and went directly to technical questions. I am not a very good coder. So I was taking too long to answer. Hence got rejected. But prepare Cracking the coding interview completely before giving an eBay Interview.

Interview Question – Almost all the coding questions asked was tough.   Answer Question

Intern Data Engineer Interview

Intern Data Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Applied online, and contacted by an HR in two weeks. The first phone interview was a background screen with a manager. Followed with a second-round Skype interview with four interviewers from four teams. Both behavioral and technical questions were asked. Ask a lot about Linux and Hadoop.

Interview Question – In linux, how to search a string in a Gigabytes file and print that string in the terminal.   Answer Question

Applied Researcher Interview

Applied Researcher
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by 2 separate recruiters for 2 positions. I went through a phone screen for one of the positions, but never heard back/received any feedback (positive or negative) from the recruiter afterwards. Very unprofessional.

For the other position in Redmond, WA, the on-site interview consisted of 6 straight interviews in one day, with only 30 mins. (!) for lunch, where they continued to interview me while eating. I found the quality level of interviewing to be low on average, consisting very standard coding questions and coding trivia questions. Finally at the end of the day, there was confusion as to how to get me back to my hotel from the office: it took over an hour just to figure out how to hail a taxi.

Interview Question – Write a program that prints its own contents   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.