eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me very next day of my application (through employee referral)
I had a phone screening and then 4 phone interviews with different people. But, the process itself was lousy. They rescheduled my interview meetings several times. 1 interviewer just did not show up on phone and later rescheduled. Another director was 20 mins late to the interview. (yes, I was holding the line for 20 mins)
After all these interviews, they told me that they were interested but, are no longer planning to fill up the position at this time and provided me no other feedback. Just wasted my time!

Interview Question – Question around KPIs.   Answer Question

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst
Draper, UT

The process took 2 days - interviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2010.

Interview Details – The recruiter reached out to me to ask screen type questions. Then I did a phone interview with the hiring supervisor. Then I came on-site for the face-to-face. During that interview I met with 3 people in person followed by 3 people via phone, all were 1 at a time. Basic interview questions were covered along with resume review. I offered real examples of past projects and outcomes in print and in email. That certainly helped seal the deal. No offer or acceptance was extended during the interview.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked on a global scale before?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I turned down the 1st and 2nd offers, as my current (at the time) job was willing to offer more. Once I knew eBay wanted me, I shared that with my current employer and asked what they were willing to do to keep me. In the end, eBay's offer was sweeter.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!