eBay Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had several phone screens and in-person interviews. The hiring manager seemed quite junior and had limited experience. So, he had difficult time understanding the gravity and depth of my answers to his questions. I am glad I didn't get in as I would have spent my time coaching my manager! When you apply for a job, please make sure your hiring manager has broad experience across industries and has the ability to think holistically.

Some interviewers don't tell you what they are looking for. You have to guess and read body language to understand what their expectations are - this is not the way, I would conduct interviews.

The company is clearly at cross-roads and has major issues integrating multiple acquisitions that they have gone through recently. No one has a clear vision and leadership on how to leverage the disparate data sources.

Prior to the interview, I was told that there would be business cases and behavioral interviews but I didn't get any of those questions.

However, there were several positive experiences - the whole process was very well organized. They were quick in setting up interviews. Kudos to their HR team. The interviewers were more open minded, were punctual and were constantly conscious about time. Also, the interviewers were very courteous too.

Overall, seems like a great company and very smart people to work with.

Interview Question – What would you differently to make us grow?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – 3 rounds: hiring manager, case interview presentation & panel interview, and peer interviews

Interview Question – Case interviews on e-commerce   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Senior Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.