eBay Inc. Senior Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2012.

Had several phone screens and in-person interviews. The hiring manager seemed quite junior and had limited experience. So, he had difficult time understanding the gravity and depth of my answers to his questions. I am glad I didn't get in as I would have spent my time coaching my manager! When you apply for a job, please make sure your hiring manager has broad experience across industries and has the ability to think holistically.

Some interviewers don't tell you what they are looking for. You have to guess and read body language to understand what their expectations are - this is not the way, I would conduct interviews.

The company is clearly at cross-roads and has major issues integrating multiple acquisitions that they have gone through recently. No one has a clear vision and leadership on how to leverage the disparate data sources.

Prior to the interview, I was told that there would be business cases and behavioral interviews but I didn't get any of those questions.

However, there were several positive experiences - the whole process was very well organized. They were quick in setting up interviews. Kudos to their HR team. The interviewers were more open minded, were punctual and were constantly conscious about time. Also, the interviewers were very courteous too.

Overall, seems like a great company and very smart people to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

3 rounds: hiring manager, case interview presentation & panel interview, and peer interviews

Interview Questions

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!