eBay Inc. Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Had a friend submit my resume internally. Heard back within a week from a recruiter. What followed for the next 6-7 weeks was 1 HR interview, 1 in-person informational with the hiring manager, 5 more in-person interviews with the team over the next few weeks before a final round each with the hiring manager and VP. Was made an offer the next day after the final VP meeting.

Interview Questions
Yes, negotiation was mainly in terms of increasing the 'equity make good'. No room for base pay or level bump negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Saw an ad on linkedin, followed up, was contacted within a week.
    Had a round of phone interviews a week later.
    Onsite Interview two weeks later.
    Had an offer extended to me two weeks after that.
    Negotiated to higher grade level

Interview Questions
    • Interview panel is a random crap shoot as they rely on the hiring manager to suggest folks who can interview you. If any of them are unavailable or in need of substitute, they grab anyone really.

With that said, no guideline when it comes to interview questions, if you know your stuff and show vision you'll have a good chance. Really can't fake this.
        Answer Question
    My advice is, find out what grade level you are offered the job at, and try to get one level higher if possible. Between 23-25 this may be possible, any higher I doubt you can.

Senior Product Manager Interview

I submitted a resume online, and received a callback from the internal recruiter.
    Overall the process was very professional, and the people are very personable and genuine.
    The recruiter wanted to make sure I was really going to relocate to the Bay Area.
    Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager. That focused on clarifying my experience and how it was relevant.
    Next after a few weeks (due to scheduling) I went onsite for a day of interviews - five meeting total.

Interview Questions
    • Best question was "what work accomplishment are you most proud and why"?   Answer Question

Not enough in the offer to justify relocation. Be sure when looking at Bay Area (if you are not already there) the real cost of living, relative to the offer (which may look rich at first).

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in June 2012.

Applied to position via employee referral and got a response from the recruiter within a week. Had 3 phone interviews - first with recdruiter, then with the hiring manager and finally with the hiring manager's manager. However, after the phone interviews, I had to repeatedly contact the recruiter several times to know the outcome. I was told that the recruiter was away on vacation and eventually the recruiter informed me of the outcome.

Interview Questions

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!