eBay Inc.

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2013.

I applied for the position through an employee referral and received a call from the recruiter. The recruiter did a basic phone screen and said the hiring manager was excited about my background and wanted to meet me for an informal lunch to discuss the position further. This was a newly created role so the job description and responsibilities were still being formalized.

I met with the hiring manager and one of her team members who would have been a peer for lunch. They were very friendly and easy going. Because it was an informal chat, it didn't feel like the traditional pressure of an interview, although they did ask some basic interview questions. We discussed the position, the needs of the team, the challenges they are facing and how they plan to grow over the coming year and beyond.

I left excited about the opportunity to join a company that was experiencing a second wave of tremendous growth. The people are smart and talented, the work impacts millions of people's livelihoods and they are the leader in the industry.

I then was called back for formal in person interviews with six members of the cross functional team I'd be working with. I met with them over a two day period due to scheduling challenges. Everyone was very prepared with pertinent questions and willing to share information with me about the reality of working for eBay.

Although I did not get an offer (they decided to give the position to an internal candidate instead), I would still strongly consider another role at eBay in the future.

Interview Questions
  • Pretty standard interview questions - tell me about a time you had to re-prioritize multiple projects, tell me about a time you had to tell someone no and how was that handled, etc.   Answer Question