eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – One on-campus, two phone interviews (what I would guess is the usual data structures/algorithms/applications questions), and a final brief conversation with the manager. Hiring manager sent me an overview of the position I was being interviewed for after the one on one on campus interview.

Interview Question – Nothing specific I can say, but lots of questions related to the position as well as questions you would be able to answer after taking a data structures course.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Software Engineering Intern

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews, asked basic questions on Java, Javascript, CSS, HTML, jquery etc. Nothing too tough.

Interview Question – basic questions on Java, Javascript, CSS, HTML, jquery   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted through on-campus recruiting mailing list. Had one on-campus interview followed by one additional phone interview with the team that I was going to work with, and I was able to get the offer afterwards. The interviewers were really nice and helpful when I was stuck on something, and I didn't feel any pressure during the interview at all.

Interview Question – Method to find all duplicates of letters in a string. A few simple data structure runtime questions. Questions on OO design.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had gotten an interview through an employee referral. Someone contacted me about a time. There was a miscommunication on their part between the HR and the manager and they didn't call me at the first time we planned, so we had to plan another one. The manager of that team called me and first told me about what they did and then asked me questions about my resume and then asked technical questions.

Interview Question – What's the difference between C++ and Java. I said something about pointers and he wanted me to go more in depth.
What is the difference between string builder and string buffer.
He sent me a code and make suggestions:

import java.math.BigDecimal;

public class CashCalculatorBasic {

public BigDecimal getCalculatedAvailableBalance(BigDecimal currentBalance, BigDecimal totalDebits, BigDecimal totalCredits) {

BigDecimal result = currentBalance.subtract(totalDebits).add(totalCredits);

System.out.println("The calculated result is " + result);

return result;

}

public static void main(String[] args) {

new CashCalculatorBasic().getCalculatedAvailableBalance(

new BigDecimal("1250.00"), new BigDecimal("250.00"), new BigDecimal("500.00"));

Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was setup for a screening interview through a recruiter who received my resume via career fair. The preliminary interview was conducted over the phone with an engineer at the company. The engineer admitted to knowing little about the position I was applying for but he gave me a good idea of what is expected of potential employees at eBay Inc. It was a 30-45 minute technical interview discussing questions ranging from development environment to data structures.

Interview Question – How to retrieve a file with a specific string or keyword using UNIX command line   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – On-campus interview after Career Fair. I am not sure up to now whether it has a second-round interview. In the interview, at most of the time we were talking about my previous project experience. Some simple data structure and algorithm such as bubble sort and HashMap is asked.

Interview Question – It's my first time to interview in English so I was nervous.   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – I had 1 technical phone interview and then 3 1:1 on-site technical interviews. Mostly coding questions (arrays, data structures, etc.) and a few brain-teaser type questions. The interview process seemed pretty smooth and quick. All of my interviewers were current software engineers. I was asked some questions about my past computer science projects.

Interview Question – How I would store large amounts of data. (I had not been exposed to this in my previous classes).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They gave me an offer once I told them I had a looming deadline with another internship offer. (Day after my on-campus interview)

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2010.

Interview Details – eBay visited San Jose State University and they were conducting on site interviews. Got a call after that.
Engineer took phone interview. Once I cleared it got an on-site Interview. 4 engineers interviewed me and got a offer within 3 days.

Interview Question – Problem solving questions.
Data structure questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation happened.

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Applied online and received an e-mail from the recruiter to set up the interview appointment. First part (~25min) was behavioral and personal questions asked by the team leader; followed up by technical questions from an engineer. Both were female and amicable. However, contrary to my confidence in the interview and the conversations, they were non-responsive for the next 3 weeks to tell me I wasn't accepted.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a HashTable and HashMap in Java?   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Was contacted via recruiter and scheduled an interview with the Hiring Manager the next day. After the brief talk with the manager, I was scheduled another interview with one of the software engineers. Asked about projects and how I would implement various features. He branched off my projects and skills to ask technical questions about jQuery, JS, HTML, CSS. Also asked about design questions both front-end and back-end.

Interview Question – Networking and how to handle getting live feed from two different remote places.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As an intern, they give you a competitive package in terms of salary and housing. There may be a chance for slight negotiation, but it depends on how your other offers stack up against theirs.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBay Inc.

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

eBay Inc. Videos

eBay Inc. – Why Work for Us?

​​ ​​From humble beginnings to a global company that’s changing the future of commerce, eBay Inc. has always been a place where innovation and collaboration are celebrated. Today, eBay Inc. fosters an entrepreneurial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eBay Inc. Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by eBay Inc. employees and interview candidates.