eBay Inc.

Updated Oct 27, 2014
Updated Oct 27, 2014

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc..

It was very ad-hoc due to some informal timing. It started with a career fair at my university. I had a screening interview, and then applied online. A few weeks later I was contacted to come on campus for interviews. I met with a couple of teams in platforms and services, and had some excellent conversations with the managers.

Interview Questions

Still evaluating, but I have a better one waiting.

Other Interview Reviews for eBay Inc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in September 2014.

referred by my friend and firstly talked with recruiter about my skills and projects in school. two days later had two screen technical interviews (1 hour for each) with software engineers. some days later, arranged to have a Skype Loop Interview with engineers and manager.
    phone interviews were good, interviewers were pretty nice, patient and friendly. however, two interviews in loop interviews were really really arrogant.
    no matter what I said (during the coding, I was trying to express my idea about the question), he just said nothing and no response at all. and for the last 5 or 10 minutes, we talked about culture and position at eBay and also got some uncomfortable answers.
    3 days later, got a rejection email although I believed that I solved all the technical problems correctly. I have no idea why.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, basic concepts about RESTful web service, data structure (hashtable and collision), algorithm and some coding challenges (tree, searching, array...)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

one day interview, 6 interviews including the manager. Almost everybody asked technical questions, but not very hard, they focused on fundamental stuff. It's ok if you failed to answer some questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers
    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Questions
    • 1. Fibonacci numbers
      1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at eBay Inc. in March 2014.

Had 2 interview rounds, was asked questions/programs in Java (Collections, Multithreading, OO concepts) , Data-Structures (Stack and Queue), Design Patterns (Singleton), SQL, C++. More questions about my previous work experience, school projects.
    Both were telephonic rounds.

Interview Questions
    • If I mark an arraylist as final, can i add more elements to it?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I was set up an interview for on-campus recruiting

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were that that bad. Fundamental Software concepts and algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Phone screen was a few basic questions. Round 2 was 3 interviewers by Skype.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at eBay Inc. in January 2014.

I appied online. It took about 30 days to get call from HR. They scheduled a 40 mins technical phone interview with me. The interviewer is not responsive to my answers. Even though I was pretty sure some of the answers of the questions, but it still made me really nervous.

Interview Questions
    • what's the difference between stack and heap in memory   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at eBay Inc..

The eBay recruiter reached out to me and set up the interview process. I cleared the telephonic interview and then I was invited for the onsite interview. They asked questions from Java, CSS, HTML, Product Design, Javascript, Algorithms, Puzzles.

I was told that the decision will be made in a week by the hiring manager very clearly. I waited for more than a week and reached out to the recruiter after I did nt hear anything from eBay. The recruiter kept saying that the decision has not been made and that they are still interviewing each time I would send an email. This continued for more than a month. I had similar experience with another eBay recruiter in the past where they do not show any courtesy informing the result of the interview. Sometimes the recruiter does not even respond to your email and phone call.The candidates are mature enough to understand that they have not been selected. A recruiter or HR sends a polite email conveying the message at most of the companies. The recruiting process at eBay is horrible... very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
    • They asked questions from Java, CSS, HTML, Product Design, Javascript, Algorithms, Puzzles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2013.

Applied through College. Interviewed by Research Director on Campus. Positive experience during the interview. Some behavioral and resume questions. Only one programming question - Reverse a Linked List, Algo for Binary tree Lowest Common Ancestor. But really erratic reject after doing wonderful ( mentioned by the interviewer)

Interview Questions
    • Reverse a Linked List
      Algo for Binary tree Lowest Common Ancestor