eBay Inc.

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – one day interview, 6 interviews including the manager. Almost everybody asked technical questions, but not very hard, they focused on fundamental stuff. It's ok if you failed to answer some questions

Interview Question – dynamic programming.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this

1. Fibonacci numbers
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Question – 1. Fibonacci numbers
1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ...

2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2011.

Interview Details – referred by friend, arranged interview with hiring manager

Interview Details – I was set up an interview for on-campus recruiting

Interview Question – Interview questions were that that bad. Fundamental Software concepts and algorithms.   Answer Question

Interviewed at eBay Inc.

Interview Details – Phone screen was a few basic questions. Round 2 was 3 interviewers by Skype.

Interview Question – Nothing extremely hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – The eBay recruiter reached out to me and set up the interview process. I cleared the telephonic interview and then I was invited for the onsite interview. They asked questions from Java, CSS, HTML, Product Design, Javascript, Algorithms, Puzzles.

I was told that the decision will be made in a week by the hiring manager very clearly. I waited for more than a week and reached out to the recruiter after I did nt hear anything from eBay. The recruiter kept saying that the decision has not been made and that they are still interviewing each time I would send an email. This continued for more than a month. I had similar experience with another eBay recruiter in the past where they do not show any courtesy informing the result of the interview. Sometimes the recruiter does not even respond to your email and phone call.The candidates are mature enough to understand that they have not been selected. A recruiter or HR sends a polite email conveying the message at most of the companies. The recruiting process at eBay is horrible... very unprofessional!

Interview Question – They asked questions from Java, CSS, HTML, Product Design, Javascript, Algorithms, Puzzles.   Answer Question

Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at eBay Inc. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through College. Interviewed by Research Director on Campus. Positive experience during the interview. Some behavioral and resume questions. Only one programming question - Reverse a Linked List, Algo for Binary tree Lowest Common Ancestor. But really erratic reject after doing wonderful ( mentioned by the interviewer)

Interview Question – Reverse a Linked List
Algo for Binary tree Lowest Common Ancestor
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Applied through school and then got a phone interview. The phone interview was very fast paced loaded with questions. The phone interviewer was nice though. After that, got a Skype interview with 5 people. All of them were great except one. That one was not prepared for the interview at all, he asked a question that was too difficult. So when I couldn't answer, I asked him to answer it himself. The funny thing that he couldn't answer his own question.

Interview Question – Given a BS tree, give the median number in the tree with O(1) space.   View Answers (4)

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – hr interview - sr software engineer

Interview Question – need to prepare much comprehensive, even littlest thing   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at eBay Inc..

Interview Details – Process was Kinda Slow. Had a phone interview and nearly a 2-3 weeks gap between the result/

Interview Question – Interview was basic CS concepts   Answer Question

Worked for eBay Inc.? Contribute to the Community!