eBay Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was great. It was only one phone interview, and during the interview, I was asked a couple of behavior and technical questions. The interview was about 30 mins, and it went pretty well. So, I got the offer for the summer intern position at the end.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at eBay (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

one oncampus round; basic profile was based on Machine Learning so questions related to that were asked. I was tested on real life problems faced by ebay. Questions related to basic Machine Learning algorithms were asked and few problems related to them were asked. one should know these algorithms in and out to clear the interview process

Interview Questions

• you have a 10 catergories of products ,what ML algorithm will you use to segregate it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very well done and very fast. After a few 1-2 hour phone calls they gave me the offer. They have over 400 interns throughout all of eBay (Marketplaces, PayPal, Magento, Braintree and Venmo, Enterprise, Stubhub, etc.) and so you enter with a class of about 50-100 students. Everybody is very smart and from a very good university or college. They are mostly looking for PHD's and Master's students. Also, so many students apply that you will probably need at least some sort of connection.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was spent on my previous work and what I had created. They asked specifically about projects that I had worked on with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary is not negotiable. However, you will find that to be just fine because the pay is about as high as it gets. Also they give you incredible housing (instead of just a stipend where you have to go and find your housing and somehow furnish an apartment) as well as fund your travel expenses.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for 70 to 80 positions for intern positions. Eventually I got call for Java Backend intern position. The interview went well, but I stuck with the question in REST ful web service.

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview first, then I went to the office in draper had a interview with three people at the same time. They asked me to introduce myself, then asked my experiences.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at eBay.

Interview

Spoke with them at an on-campus career fair, and received a call the same day to schedule an interview in the following two days. Actual interview was ~40 minutes and consisted of -Questions about previous project to a level of detail I was unprepared to answer. -Some technical questions about OOP and trees -Questions about the company. Overall, I would say that the process was fair. This was my first technical interview ever, and I was definitely unprepared/nervous to some extent. One of the things that bothered me most was not being able to recall specific, implementation-level details about my previous work experience, but I wouldn't say that it was unfair for them to ask about it. If nothing else, it was good practice which helped for other interviews.

Intern Interview

Interview

Very simple coding test and probability questions. Should be covered in any basic CS courses.

The salary is not very competitive.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Gave them resume at my university's career fair. Was contacted about two weeks later for an interview on campus. Interviewer talked about the company, asked some programming questions, and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you program the street lights at a four-way intersection. Asked to write pseudo-code for the program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online to a blanket MBA position with eBay and was contacted about a week later. I had an HR screen (just to make sure I wasn't crazy), then I had a phone interview with my hiring manager a few days later. The following day, I interviewed with a senior manager in the company. In both interviews, they asked me questions specifically related to the job I would do over the summer to see if I had ideas to solve the business question they faced (I also found out about the position through the interviews, so it wasn't easy to prepare). I got the offer the following day from HR and asked for some time to think. She was very pushy and rude, but overall it was a pretty painless process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about trends in the business you were previously involved in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Intern offers don't seem to be negotiable. They were willing to cover a flight from abroad however.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at eBay in March 2013.

Interview

College recruitment. It was around OOP concepts and also your knowledge about recent web technologies. Involving in open source project is a plus. Asked about Thread concepts in java. And they expect for core Java knowledge.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about Google app engine and facebook app development.   Answer Question