eBay Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2015

3.1

Network Enginees Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a couple of preliminary interviews to screen my quailifications. I had a technical screen scheduled. The person who scheduled the interview set it for a 11:30 AM but did not specify the time zone. A reply to confirm EST or PST was ignored. The interviewer called at a time that wasn't scheduled bumping another interview which had been previously scheduled. I should have told the interviewer that I could not talk at that time. When I said he called at the wrong time, the interviewer was arrogant and told me he could not fit an interview in at another time that day. So I proceeded which was a bad idea because I had to bump the person who origially had the time slot. The interview went badly. He asked a couple of questions which I got right but he told me I didn't get. A company that was supposedly global did not seem to understand the differences in time zones and how to allow for that or that even to get the time right. He was annoyed when I had to put the second person on hold to ask to reschedule. I thought the interviewer was arrogant, patronizing, and just plain rude.He explained at the beginning of the interview that he was just evaluating my skill level. I think he was just purposing trying to sabotage the interview. I was thrown off by the overt hositility. He asked questions that were acceptable difficulty I admit but by his tone, even if I had got every question right he would have screened me out. He explained that Ebay was a fast-paced company yada yada yada however for all its global stature not being able to tell the difference between time zones to me indicates that maybe a simple lesson in being able to understand time zones doesnt really reflect the cache that they claimed to have. The inerviewer was rude, impatient, intolerant and other words which would not be prudent to write online. I got from the first minute that he was not going to be helpful in the hiring process. So if this is a measure of the company a big sign anyhow that the work environment would be horrible.

Interview Questions

• He asked what an ARP table was. How did BGP work?LSA valuse for OSPF.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant, and genuinely enjoyed talking to my hiring manager. Actually, it was surprisingly non-technical considering the role I was interviewing for. Mainly just background and personality questions to get a feel for culture fit I guess.

Ebay Disputes Resolution Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I listened to a phone call and had to type in information while listening to the caller. If I passed this test I could advance to an in person interview or behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific example when you had a conflict with a coworker. How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Very casual environment. When they say "Come well-rested, dress comfortably, and be yourself," take it to heart. Plan on dressing up a pair of jeans, or whatever you are comfortable in. Look nice, but know that if you are hired there, it'a a jeans and T-shirt kind of life. It was a one-on-one interview, although the interviewer said that there are usually two eBay employees there. I enjoyed the conversation and straightforwardness of the interview. He gave me a clear picture of what the role consisted of, asked if I need clarification, presented the interview questions, and allowed me time to ask any other questions. The brief eBay tour was nice. Be happy and interact with those you pass in the halls, office. etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision and it did not result as well as planned. What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was approx 20-25mins, face to face interview was just over an hour. Mainly example based questions, give me an example of when you went over and beyond, tell me when you dealt with a difficult customer

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was great. It was only one phone interview, and during the interview, I was asked a couple of behavior and technical questions. The interview was about 30 mins, and it went pretty well. So, I got the offer for the summer intern position at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Met with lots of people - which was nice - not just like 2 interviews but 10. it was not super well organized. Everyone was friendly. I worked mostly with the recruiter. Other interviews were more organized.

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Then asked to come in for personal interview. Given a tour of facility then sat with current rep to listen in on incoming calls. After, had to take simulation test where you were asked to complete certain task asked by the caller using their system. Having only sat with a rep for 30 min, I was not paying so much attention to have she made necessary changes but more to the call itself. BIG MISTAKE! Being unfamiliar with how their system worked, I did not pass the minimum score they require to move on to the next interview phase.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in July 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a standard phone interview with generic call center questions. The second interview was a skills assessment which determined how fast you type and how well you do customer service activities. Directly after skills assessment a formal interview with standard questions was performed if you passed the assessments.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you encountered... and how you handled that situation   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in for an intensive round of interviews - meeting with 6 people over 5 hours. Two of the interviews were late for the interview. One of the people I interviewed with was clearly not interested in meeting with me and was playing "gotcha." She wanted the role and was trying to trip me up