eBay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very pleasant, and genuinely enjoyed talking to my hiring manager. Actually, it was surprisingly non-technical considering the role I was interviewing for. Mainly just background and personality questions to get a feel for culture fit I guess.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Very casual environment. When they say "Come well-rested, dress comfortably, and be yourself," take it to heart. Plan on dressing up a pair of jeans, or whatever you are comfortable in. Look nice, but know that if you are hired there, it'a a jeans and T-shirt kind of life. It was a one-on-one interview, although the interviewer said that there are usually two eBay employees there. I enjoyed the conversation and straightforwardness of the interview. He gave me a clear picture of what the role consisted of, asked if I need clarification, presented the interview questions, and allowed me time to ask any other questions. The brief eBay tour was nice. Be happy and interact with those you pass in the halls, office. etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision and it did not result as well as planned. What did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question

Ebay Disputes Resolution Interview

Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

I listened to a phone call and had to type in information while listening to the caller. If I passed this test I could advance to an in person interview or behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific example when you had a conflict with a coworker. How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was approx 20-25mins, face to face interview was just over an hour. Mainly example based questions, give me an example of when you went over and beyond, tell me when you dealt with a difficult customer

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was great. It was only one phone interview, and during the interview, I was asked a couple of behavior and technical questions. The interview was about 30 mins, and it went pretty well. So, I got the offer for the summer intern position at the end.

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Met with lots of people - which was nice - not just like 2 interviews but 10. it was not super well organized. Everyone was friendly. I worked mostly with the recruiter. Other interviews were more organized.

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Then asked to come in for personal interview. Given a tour of facility then sat with current rep to listen in on incoming calls. After, had to take simulation test where you were asked to complete certain task asked by the caller using their system. Having only sat with a rep for 30 min, I was not paying so much attention to have she made necessary changes but more to the call itself. BIG MISTAKE! Being unfamiliar with how their system worked, I did not pass the minimum score they require to move on to the next interview phase.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Came in for an intensive round of interviews - meeting with 6 people over 5 hours. Two of the interviews were late for the interview. One of the people I interviewed with was clearly not interested in meeting with me and was playing "gotcha." She wanted the role and was trying to trip me up

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a month I received call from a recruiter who then scheduled my phone interview. Interviewer was nice and was helping me break the problem into pieces. Towards the end he also discussed some practices that are followed at the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to determine if two rectangles overlap. Question was actually easy but I wasn't in right frame of mind and couldn't solve it in given time. Discuss Java collections.   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted and told I would be having an interview with my hiring manager. I was able to pick a time thats best for me. The phone call didn't last very long. I only had one phone interview, no in-person interviews.