eBay Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

3.1

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

You are interviewed by 2 peers and the manager There is a phone interview by the human resources manager in charge of that department to pre-qualify each candidate You will be asked to meet in person with several individuals who are not necessarily going to work directly with you but have some connection to the department that you'll be working in and you'll won't know for sure what their level is so be careful

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in managing key accounts?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in January 2013.

Interview

Three stage process - initial screening, practical application (test with raw data), and in-person panel interview. The practical application had me review a spreadsheet with raw data to identify trends, then I had to put it in presentation form and present it as if to upper management.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize equally important tasks.   1 Answer

Customer Solutions Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with phone interview. Then asked to come in for personal interview. Given a tour of facility then sat with current rep to listen in on incoming calls. After, had to take simulation test where you were asked to complete certain task asked by the caller using their system. Having only sat with a rep for 30 min, I was not paying so much attention to have she made necessary changes but more to the call itself. BIG MISTAKE! Being unfamiliar with how their system worked, I did not pass the minimum score they require to move on to the next interview phase.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview. What are your strengths?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. Took a week to arrange for a phone interview with the HR. Passed the HR interview and went for a face-to-face interview at ebay office, Not sure who is the one interviewing me but is someone from the team that i will work for. Person did not introduce his position only introduced as his name. Interview was done 1-1 with this person. Friendly, and interactive. Asked many scenario based question based on the position itself. And question alot about past work experienced that might be linked with the current position. Asked a lot about your past work experience and question how does it help you in this position as an account manager. Asked alot about KPI on previous jobs. They expect someone with alot of experienced. Not sure about the outcome of the interview as still waiting for the result. But probably didn't get it cause i do not have much experienced. But still glad to be given a chance for the interview and get to know more about the role.

Interview Questions

• Given a chance to sell something on ebay, what do you want to sell and how do you sell them, How do you make sure that it sells.   Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eBay in February 2013.

Interview

Applied through a referral and was contacted by email first to set up an interview time. I had two telephone interviews. Both the interviewers were UX researchers who worked on the same team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research background. Why do you want to work with eBay?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview was approx 20-25mins, face to face interview was just over an hour. Mainly example based questions, give me an example of when you went over and beyond, tell me when you dealt with a difficult customer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay (Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Easy but very detailed, and time consuming. First they sent me a computer test. It was very long. After that they called me for a phone interview. I got two calls from two different interviewer. First interview was in my mother language and so easy for me. Second interview was in English and more difficult. I passed both of them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay (Draper, UT) in November 2011.

Interview

you start with one person and then they ask you to wait for who usually will be your boss to evaluate you. You then are asked to take a computer test to make sure you can pass that. If you can then it is usually your boss's boss to do the last interview

Interview Questions

• when a customer does not like the answer you give them and get angry, how do you de-escalate the member   1 Answer

Negotiation

they offered higher than what I was expecting

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was great. It was only one phone interview, and during the interview, I was asked a couple of behavior and technical questions. The interview was about 30 mins, and it went pretty well. So, I got the offer for the summer intern position at the end.

Internal Audit Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Met with lots of people - which was nice - not just like 2 interviews but 10. it was not super well organized. Everyone was friendly. I worked mostly with the recruiter. Other interviews were more organized.