eBay Senior Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Had several phone screens and in-person interviews. The hiring manager seemed quite junior and had limited experience. So, he had difficult time understanding the gravity and depth of my answers to his questions. I am glad I didn't get in as I would have spent my time coaching my manager! When you apply for a job, please make sure your hiring manager has broad experience across industries and has the ability to think holistically. Some interviewers don't tell you what they are looking for. You have to guess and read body language to understand what their expectations are - this is not the way, I would conduct interviews. The company is clearly at cross-roads and has major issues integrating multiple acquisitions that they have gone through recently. No one has a clear vision and leadership on how to leverage the disparate data sources. Prior to the interview, I was told that there would be business cases and behavioral interviews but I didn't get any of those questions. However, there were several positive experiences - the whole process was very well organized. They were quick in setting up interviews. Kudos to their HR team. The interviewers were more open minded, were punctual and were constantly conscious about time. Also, the interviewers were very courteous too. Overall, seems like a great company and very smart people to work with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in August 2011.

Interview

Very basic interview process. I talked to the recruiter on the phone and then the hiring manager. Went in to meet with the Sr. Director and VP. They really focused on my work experience and how I got things done in a large organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I said I was disappointed with their initial offer which was exactly what I already made. They bumped up the base salary a bit and the sign on too.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at eBay (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Was shortlisted for a interview and called to the Mumbai office for a personal interview. I arrived 15 minutes before the scheduled interview and told the reception I had arrived for the interview. The interviewer was not in office at that time. I waited for more than an hour for the interviewer to arrive, he never did. I contacted the HR by phone she told me to just wait. Frustrated I finally left after informing the reception. I never received any communication from eBay, they didn't even bother to apologize. I was interviewing for a position two levels below the CEO and then this was my experience.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

3 rounds: hiring manager, case interview presentation & panel interview, and peer interviews