eBay Software Developer Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay (San Francisco, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward. I applied online at their website and got a call from the recruiter Peter O' Neil in a couple of weeks. An interview was scheduled for 1 hr over the phone. Initially I was asked a bunch of knowledge-based qs related to arrays,hash tables,REST,JSon,Relational Databases etc.

Interview Questions

• I was given a class definition and function signature in Java and I had to define the function. I was told that we know how to read characters from a stream of input characters and my function had to return a line of characters from the input stream. Had to handle the corresponding errors.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was for two hours. They asked about my resume. While I was telling them, they cut me short and went directly to technical questions. I am not a very good coder. So I was taking too long to answer. Hence got rejected. But prepare Cracking the coding interview completely before giving an eBay Interview.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eBay in May 2013.

Interview

There were 2 back to back phone interviews, one was good , other one was difficult.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay.

Interview

Had a phone screen, basic questions including deleting a node in a linked list, inserting a node in a BST

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at eBay (Chennai (India)) in July 2011.

Interview

Initially, I got a call from HR to know if I am interested in the job opportunity. After that all my communications were with the manager whose team had openings. So, we (me & the manager) set up a preferred time for initial phone screening. In the first round of phone interview, our conversation started with introductions from both sides and making sure we both are interested in proceeding further. Then started technical round with some actual interview questions. I had 5+ years of experience in Java and was asked questions about design patterns. They were not direct questions but real life problems and how to solve them using design pattern. Then there were also few questions on high level java. I was able to answer most of them. So, the manager concluded the phone call with a note saying he will get back about the exact date when I can come to the company for in-person 1:1 interview. Then was the in-person interview. I went to the company location on my own and the interview started from around 10Am and lasted till 5:00PM. Was interviewed by 5 people one after the other. Questions were mostly on high level design of enterprise systems and applications. At the end of it, had a short meeting with the manager again and it was clear that he was interested. But he informed that the formal communications will follow. Got email few days later with details.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation where in you can choose either composition or inheritance, which one would you choose? and why?   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eBay in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter from eBay contacted me to set up the interview. She took awhile to get back to me and I had to contact her a few times to ask. She finally set up a phone interview that took 30 minutes. It's quite technical in nature. I wonder who memorizes this stuff off the top of their head. I haven't done anything to do with a bit operator since college and do not remember it.

Interview Questions

• Describe pass by reference. You have a program with a method changeMe() that takes a string. In the main method, a string is set to "Hello" and it is passed to changeMe(). The changeMe() method sets the string to "I'm changed". In the main method, after call to changeMe(), there is a print statement for the string. What is printed?   2 Answers
    • If you have an array of characters, write a method to reverse the string.   2 Answers
    • What way can you tell if an integer is odd or even?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between HTTP POST and GET? Which can be bookmarked?   1 Answer