eBay Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

referred by my friend and firstly talked with recruiter about my skills and projects in school. two days later had two screen technical interviews (1 hour for each) with software engineers. some days later, arranged to have a Skype Loop Interview with engineers and manager. phone interviews were good, interviewers were pretty nice, patient and friendly. however, two interviews in loop interviews were really really arrogant. no matter what I said (during the coding, I was trying to express my idea about the question), he just said nothing and no response at all. and for the last 5 or 10 minutes, we talked about culture and position at eBay and also got some uncomfortable answers. 3 days later, got a rejection email although I believed that I solved all the technical problems correctly. I have no idea why.

Interview Questions

• nothing unexpected, basic concepts about RESTful web service, data structure (hashtable and collision), algorithm and some coding challenges (tree, searching, array...)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for eBay

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

one day interview, 6 interviews including the manager. Almost everybody asked technical questions, but not very hard, they focused on fundamental stuff. It's ok if you failed to answer some questions

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews then 1 onsite interview. The two phone interviews were very short and they were about my former experience and current background in Machine Learning. I also had very basic questions about programming and data structure. Everything went so smooth and the guys from the different teams are excellent and make you very comfortable and confident.

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview: very easy questions in mathematics and data structure. Few of the questions that I still remember what is the best data structure to find the min and the max in a numerical sequence. Another question was about how k-mean algorithm work and how to compute the mean.. I have also been asked to compute eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a matrix.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eBay (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

After the prescreen interview with hr to check my background to see if match,I got an phone interview which has 3 rounds and with different engineer.The question is about data structure and algorithm,not too many programming language specifics.The problems are like this 1. Fibonacci numbers 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ... 2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs

Interview Questions

• 1. Fibonacci numbers 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 ... 2. two sum, do not need to deal with duplicate pairs   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at eBay (San Jose, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Had 2 interview rounds, was asked questions/programs in Java (Collections, Multithreading, OO concepts) , Data-Structures (Stack and Queue), Design Patterns (Singleton), SQL, C++. More questions about my previous work experience, school projects. Both were telephonic rounds.

Interview Questions

• If I mark an arraylist as final, can i add more elements to it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was set up an interview for on-campus recruiting

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were that that bad. Fundamental Software concepts and algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen was a few basic questions. Round 2 was 3 interviewers by Skype.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eBay in January 2014.

Interview

I appied online. It took about 30 days to get call from HR. They scheduled a 40 mins technical phone interview with me. The interviewer is not responsive to my answers. Even though I was pretty sure some of the answers of the questions, but it still made me really nervous.

Interview Questions

• what's the difference between stack and heap in memory   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at eBay.

Interview

The eBay recruiter reached out to me and set up the interview process. I cleared the telephonic interview and then I was invited for the onsite interview. They asked questions from Java, CSS, HTML, Product Design, Javascript, Algorithms, Puzzles. I was told that the decision will be made in a week by the hiring manager very clearly. I waited for more than a week and reached out to the recruiter after I did nt hear anything from eBay. The recruiter kept saying that the decision has not been made and that they are still interviewing each time I would send an email. This continued for more than a month. I had similar experience with another eBay recruiter in the past where they do not show any courtesy informing the result of the interview. Sometimes the recruiter does not even respond to your email and phone call.The candidates are mature enough to understand that they have not been selected. A recruiter or HR sends a polite email conveying the message at most of the companies. The recruiting process at eBay is horrible... very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• They asked questions from Java, CSS, HTML, Product Design, Javascript, Algorithms, Puzzles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eBay (Ithaca, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through College. Interviewed by Research Director on Campus. Positive experience during the interview. Some behavioral and resume questions. Only one programming question - Reverse a Linked List, Algo for Binary tree Lowest Common Ancestor. But really erratic reject after doing wonderful ( mentioned by the interviewer)

Interview Questions

• Reverse a Linked List Algo for Binary tree Lowest Common Ancestor   1 Answer