Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at eBioscienceMore
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
Interviewed by over 20 people, others with similar position hired without interview if known to hiring manager
- Supervisor asked about belief in God Answer Question
HR provided verbal offer, refused written, by cell phone while driving. Take or leave situation.
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days – interviewed at eBioscience (San Diego, CA).
Human resources called me for setting up an interview, no email whatsoever, as I was a referral but still believe I should have gotten one. Started trying to set up a date and time for an inperson interview on the phone itself. Of course, if this was done by email I would have the chance to provide a few alternate times and make the process easier. But since it wasn't, there were several appointment clashes before we finalized on a time. This whole process and the human resources in-charge discussing "oh wait....let's see....." for over 10 minutes was very unprofessional.
When I arrived, another employee had to let me in and the HR wasn't even there yet.
He conducted my interview and later called the others. They did not come for a long time and so he stood awkwardly in the doorway waiting. Interview with leads of the group and the associates though casual, was nice and I felt like legitimate questions were asked of my experience.
I accepted the offer and my time at eBioscience was great. I got the chance to learn a lot and work with some really warm, intelligent, and helpful people but the whole company will agree with me when I say the HR is unprofessional, nice, but unprofessional.
- Favorite class? DIdn't expect a real question on my courses but it wasn't really a difficult question. Answer Question
I was given the offer on the phone and was able to negotiate on the spot after which I received offer letter.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week – interviewed at eBioscience in October 2013.
The in-house recruiter initiated the process and an interview was set up within 5 days. The interview was over the phone
- He asked me a question about flow cytometers, about what the best dye would be for an instrument. Answer Question
- Declined OfferAverage InterviewDeclined OfferAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at eBioscience.
People are friendly here.
HR will interview your first, and he might be late. and you will need to wait.
then the hiring manager and other scientists in the group.
Try to ask them a lot of questions so they won't ask you, and keep them talking.
Be ready for a long interview.
- what do you like to do for fun? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Got a better one at another place
- No OfferNo Offer
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at eBioscience.
three rounds of interview, final with HR
- Standard interview process as in any other company Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review