eClinicalWorks

2.9

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Data Migration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in December 2014.

E-mail invite to open house interview (like speed dating). Interviewed for 2 of 3 positions - Java Developer and Data Migration Specialist. The interview for a position comprises of a face-face interview with a technical interviewer and a written quiz (pen & paper). The Java test is multiple-choice, but the SQL test is not. The employees (recruiters, engineers) seem to be pretty nice people. The facility is modern and looks great. You are given a brief tour of the workplace (cafe, cubes etc) before the interview. Expected results within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The SQL quiz is pretty easy to solve if you are on a live db. But without being prepared for a paper quiz, you may not be able to prove your skills   View Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eClinicalWorks.

Met with HR rep at career fair and got asked to come to open house on site the next day. Interview was in a speed-dating format. 15-20 minutes with different team leaders. Got a call a week later with offer!

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in February 2014.

PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!!

Took a horrible amount of time. They call you onsite twice. The site is most inconveniently located reaching where you end up spending at least a hundred bucks. After the first round I was called again on site.
    After a week, they offered me the position. I spoke to the HR on phone, accepted the offer, which he then emailed me. When asked about the deadline or period within which I needed to return the documents, I was told there was no hurry and I can take my time. I got busy with final month at my college after that. One day suddenly I receive an email stating that they are withdrawing the offer as I had not signed the documents yet. I re-read the email and offer again; but there was neither any mention of any due date, nor had the HR told me anything on phone when I explicitly asked for it. I contacted two of my friends who were offered similar positions at the same company a few days before I was. They too had not returned the signed documents but surprisingly, they had not received any such emails of offer withdrawal. When asked about this to the HR, he had no answer and started covering up saying "It is the team's decision" and that he cannot do anything about it. He then asked me to apply for similar position with another team at eClinicalWorks. When I pointed out that I had already cleared the interview process, I was told that I would still have to go through the whole process all over again! Horrible, just horrible! This is the most pathetically unethical company I have ever come across! Please do NOT accept offers from this company! You would regret it!

Non-negotiable.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in February 2014.

We were several people in an open house and they took a detailed quiz on Java and afterwards there were several round of interviews. My interviews were on what did I did before and what I want to do in the company and again detailed questions on Java. They asked some other people on SQL.

Interview Questions
    • On the order of execution of Java code blocks when a class extends another class   View Answer

Programmer/Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eClinicalWorks in February 2014.

Open House:
    6 Rounds of Interview.
    Technical Round 1: Basic OOPS Priniciples,Design Patterns in Java
    Technical Round 2: What do you know about google glass , A Puzzle Question
    Technical Round 3 : How to display only the duplicate records from a Table only once
    Technical Round 4: What is JSON,How to retrieve elements from JSON Object,How do you take a count of the number of instances of the same class .
    Query with use of UNION,UNION ALL
    Technical Round 5: private static void main(String [] args) will this work ,Difference between Prepare Statement and Statement.
    Technical Round 6: Query using group by,How do you incorperate Security in any application

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in February 2014.

I met a recruiter for the company while attending a university career fair. He invited me to an open house they were holding the following afternoon (on a Wednesday). The open house was attended by about 20 other applicants, mostly graduating college students (like myself) and consisted of a tour of the office as well as a sort of "speed-dating" interview process. I spoke with 4 different people for about 20 minutes each but also spent a lot of time sitting and waiting for the next interview. There weren't many interviewers so there was a lot of waiting around. I spent about 4 hours in the office and was told I would receive a call by Friday afternoon. However, I was asked to participate in an additional phone interview on Friday with a different team lead. I was called on Tuesday with an offer and presented with the formal contract on the following Friday. Overall, the process was very swift. The recruiters and employees were incredibly welcoming and pleasant. The experience was a positive one and I highly recommend interviewing with the company should the opportunity arise.

Interview Questions
    • I interviewed for a position that can be placed in a couple different company "verticals," some of which are more technical than others. I was asked to explain everything I know about healthcare and insurance policies.   View Answer

The nature of my job search changed and I no longer wanted to work in Boston.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at eClinicalWorks in May 2013.

Went to a "speed interview " open house HORRIBLE> waste of time they had 1 internal person and 3 competors to interview. There were 8 all together. One interviewer left after interviewed the 'competors and internal person. One interviewer was late. Sat in galss room for 3 hrs waiting my turn to be called. Spoke with HR reviewed resume. Second interview ask nothing, and third told me she was ired and hated this interview process

Interview Questions
    • Not asked anything.. They were interested in internal person and 3 competor applicants   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in November 2012.

I went through about 9 interviews recently in Boston Area and this company gave me worst experience. After submitting resume, I was invited me to onsite directly. The recruiter was highly professional. The interviewer was nice and gave some decent first round kind of questions about Java, SQL, and Web development. To this point, everything looked good. However, on the second round, the team lead, who was an Indian woman, gave me a really terrible experience. The questions weren't difficult at all and even repeated what I got from first round. But her attitude made me feel very unwelcome! She didn't smile the whole time, just stared at me. Her reaction was slow, made me feel she's not a smart engineer. And since she has strong accent, sometime I had to ask her repeat questions and that made her even give me very upset look. I was curious why they asked me to do interview if they didn't want me in the first place.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in August 2011.

I was out of state candidate. I had two phone interviews - first with recruiter, then with department director. Finally they invited me to their headquarter at MA, interviewed with VP and one of the founder. People there are very friendly, company culture is great.

Interview Questions
    • How to calculate how many days are left in this year. (Can use Excel)   View Answer
    • What's your computer coding skills?   Answer Question

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at eClinicalWorks in July 2011.

During interview I had a chance to meet with couple of engineers and a manager. The interview set up was like an open house where they invited about 8-10 people and the interview took place in the cafeteria. I found this setup interesting as it gave me a chance to meet with different folks from IT under one roof. During first round I was asked to introduce myself as well as I was asked couple of technical questions (total 3 as far as I remember). I was confident that I answered two correctly and for 3rd one I was partially satisfied with my answer. But the interwier told me my first two answers were wrong and I decided not to argue on that and later checked back at home to confirm I was right. After that I had 3 more rounds of interview where I was discussed about my background and skills and why I feel I am good fit for this position. Overall I enjoyed the conversation. Next day I was contacted by the HR and they asked me the salary range I am looking at and was told that they will come back to me after a week as he is going out of town for business. After a week of wait I decided to contact back and called one of the HR's I meet during interview. She told me they have not yet made a decision yet and asked me to wait for couple of more days. I emailed her back after a week but never received a response or a feedback.
    Overall I had a neutral experience interviewing at this company.