eCollege.com Interview Questions

2.4

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at eCollege.com (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

First received an email from HR and asked for a brief phone screen. Questions were mainly about location and salary. About a week later received an email from HR to set a phone interview with hiring manager. Questions included:
    How do you approach functional requirements and non-functional requirements?
    Have you developed with Agile?

Web Content Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at eCollege.com (Denver, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

The company was independently owned when I interviewed. The process too a little over a month. Started with a phone interview, then 2 face to face interviews, a design mock-up and then another phone interview. 3 weeks later a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negotiate

Software Quality Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at eCollege.com (Centennial, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

30 min phone screening by incompetent HR generalist or recruiter. I'd make sure you ask them questions as well. And don't be afraid to say 'no' to them, especially after they offer you your salary. Be ready for the politics as well, because they are everywhere.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had to work with   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience with Selenium or other open source tools   1 Answer

They didn't offer enough, they were 35% below any other offer I'd received thus far.

Client Services Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eCollege.com (Denver, CO) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with HR - very general and brief, then panel interview with two managers, more behavioral/experience questions, then additional panel interview that was mostly the same but with different managers. Followed by skills test - budget problem and writing sample.

Interview Questions

• There were several situational "describe a time when you...." questions. The one I remember most was "describe a time when you broke a rule and why it was necessary"   Answer Question

Web Content Developer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eCollege.com.

Interview

it was good, takes a while, many many interviews, whole process took two months

Negotiation

none

Production Applications Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eCollege.com in August 2011.

Interview

I had a positive experience. I submitted an online application and was contacted by the HR representative for initial screening. The initial screening seemed to be to confirm that my experience matched my resume. The second interview was a generalized technical phone interview followed by two in person panel interviews. The questions were general behavioral type questions.