eGain Communications

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at eGain Communications in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was referred to eGain through a non-profit employment agency.

The first step was an e-mail questionnaire with the "classic" questions: describe my previous project, how I dealt with difficult situations, my desired compensation and why I would be a good candidate.

This was followed by an on-site interview with what was supposed to be three people. The first was an engineer who asked me a few technical questions; I don't remember much about them, except they weren't too difficult. Next up was a systems architect who asked me how I'd design the infrastructure for a large-scale web service. The interview ended early because the third person, the VP, was not able to come that day.

Although I felt things went fairly well, I did not hear from the company since. I e-mailed them a week later to inquire about my status, and only then was I told they would not be moving forward.

Interview Question – How I would design the infrastructure for a large-scale web application.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at eGain Communications in November 2012.

Interview Details – No phone interview. Only on-site interview.

Interview Question – How to find repeated numbers in 100 numbers?   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at eGain Communications in June 2013.

Interview Details – Online applied through referral....30 qns 20 mins..tough ones. above 15 seemed cutoff

Interview Question – If you are not from a CS/IT background they wil ask you questions to make sure you are interested in the course   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at eGain Communications

Interview Details – The whole process has three rounds - ppt, written test and interview. We were around 200 students. After the written test 25 were selected. Written test included average aptitude questions. Interview was again apti and HR , no technical was asked.

Interview Question – I am a civil engineer so they asked me why I wished to be a Soft Engg.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at eGain Communications in November 2010.

Interview Details – The Interview had a written round with technical and analogical sections. It was followed by oral round of technical interview by a senior tech-lead and the team manager. The oral interview was not much on theoretical details of the programming language but at a conceptual level. This is the reason I accepted the offer to join eGain. In most other companies in IT the interviews are mostly about digging dip into theories and skipping the much essential ability to solve problems, which is what software development is all about.

I am about to complete a year in eGain and I am fully satisfied by everything I can imagine, be it work culture. the quality of projects, the policies, and learning I had and the mentoring I got! It's a great place to work!

Interview Question – How to find a number in a array which is repeated?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – NA

Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at eGain Communications in February 2011.

Interview Details – There was in total of 4 rounds of interview 1 telephonic and 3 face to face. Telephonic round was for around 45 mins and consisted of some basic and few industry problems. After clearing the telephonic round i was called upon pune office for face to face interview, here 3 rounds happened and then HR. The total duration of the interviews lasted for around 4 hours which consisted of some in depth questions on Core Java, How application servers behave in certain situations and a detailed designing problem.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at eGain Communications

Worked for eGain Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at eGain Communications Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by eGain Communications employees and interview candidates.