eGain Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

3.1

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eGain.

Interview

I was contacted after 2 weeks of applying, they send a pre screening questioner and a phone interview , then asked me to have an interview on site. I met 3 Managers from accounting and finance department. All of them were nice, and they did not ask technical questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at eGain.

Interview

Applied online, one of the recruiters reached me and did phone screen within a week, next week i was contacted for in house interview, which was scheduled for next week.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at eGain.

Interview

I spoke to three different people in quick succession, with the hiring decision made immediately at the end of the process. They were all friendly and warm. They all wanted to see my past projects, my view of the company, or other things like that. I wasn't asked any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you think our company does.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an extensive phone interview with a person in the company to whom I would be reporting directly. we hit it off really well. I was asked a fair number of tough questions and answered them to the best of my ability, but nothing inordinately complicated. Then I was invited to drive down from San Francisco to Sunnyvale for a face-to-face with several of the staff there. A couple of interviews went fine. The last interview was literally the worst and most disrespectful interviewer I have ever met. The interview was a half-hour game of I-can- ask-you-things-that-you-will-never-be-able-to-answer. This guy would scribble things on a piece of paper in such way that I couldn't read it, and then he wouldn't bother to clarify. He would ask if I had experience with a specific technology, I would tell him no, and he would ask me a question about it anyway, and then snicker to himself off to the side when I couldn't answer. He couldn't even muster the human acknowledgment of shaking my hand or saying goodbye at the end of the interview, even though I had taken half-a-day to drive down there from San Francisco, an hour plus trip each way. He snagged the paper off the desk and walked out with it, satisfied with his written proof that either of his poor handwriting, that I would not be a good candidate, or both. I hope this isn't an indication of what it would be like to work there, because if it were me, I could never tolerate this level of antagonism and competitiveness in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• lots of them that were about technology or functionality asked of me immediately after I had claimed to not know about it.   Answer Question

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 hour and a half in person interview .

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty simple. A couple SQL questions and simple support scenarios. My only issue is with the later questions, interviewer seemed to want answers they required you to know how their support system is set up. Using Telnet, knowing what Server command and control they have set up to monitor the system status. Majority of my support work has been dealing with highly protected systems from classified government systems to highly secure cloud-based servers like the Amazon S3 servers. These systems use layers of security to protect them from hacker attacks. The use of scripting protocols and permission levels would be used, instead of the security laden connection tools such as telnet. I explained this to interviewer, which seemed to actually annoy him. He was hard to read. They were having a big support issue, and it looked like he had to take over to solve it. So interview became rushed at the end.

The interviewer I met about the SQL questions, was very friendly, and I impressed him very quickly with my SQL and advanced Data Modeling knowledge. He offered my a great compliment that I had the skills they really needed on their team.

2 Answers

Sales Interview

Interview

They seriously tried to rake me over the coals. Have fun with Thomas Blume. It's his mission in life to give employees just as little as possible

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very annoying. It took forever and I felt like I was constantly getting lowballed.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

One phone interview and two onsite interviews. Asked to write SQL queries: mainly just Select/ Update/ Delete/ Insert. (Joins). Good to know exception handling for J2EE app. (I.e being able to read and understand JVM logs; a plus if you can understand the flow from the logs given the source code). Have a good solid understanding of how a J2EE application would work. Flow from web browser http request to webservers to app servers to DB. Plus:

Interview Questions

• Question will mainly involve how you would solve a problem given some use case may not be work for an application.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation process. Entry level position

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews and then a 3 1/2 hour face to face with many different people one after another where you explain the same exact story over and over

Interview Questions

• how would you pop a chat offer prior to the customer leaving the page   Answer Question

reviews on glassdoor

Engineering Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied through a job portal for an Engineering Project Manager position. Got a no consideration email since I don't have a java background. I pursued the technical recruiter who forwarded my resume and got me an interview.

Before the interview, the recruiter mentioned that I might be considered for a Project Management Associate position (which is a junior level PM position offering relatively less compensation compared to the EPM position) as I don't have a lot of project management experience.

Interview Details –
    Telephonic - One round with the technical recruiter, one with the project manager, one with an executive who called from India. Got an invite for an onsite.

Onsite - 3 rounds with various executives. Asked me about my background, projects I have worked on, some project management questions about how would I handle certain situations,real work project planning, issues etc. Interview lasted for 2.5-3 hrs.

I followed up with them next week, I was told that they have selected someone else for the Engineering Project Manager position.

Couple of weeks later, they again got back to me for the associate role and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding real work project management and coming up with estimates and predictions.   Answer Question

The offered compensation was exactly what my current compensation is. No increment. The benefits were not great as well. No 401k, no medical insurance for spouse etc. Not so great reviews on glass door helped me make a quick decision.

Senior Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at eGain (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Called me for a in-person interview. The recruiters have no idea about interview. They have 60% done with offshore in India. They are cheap. Not market salary. They finished all the interview and at the end guy is saying we are looking for sql server dba and you are excellent oracle dba :) I didn't mention a single word of sql server on my resume. There is a SVP who doesn't know how to frame a question for interview. Wasted one day of my time. Avoid this company and save your time.