eGain

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at eGain in November 2012.

No phone interview. Only on-site interview.

Other Interview Reviews for eGain

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at eGain in April 2012.

I was referred to eGain through a non-profit employment agency.

The first step was an e-mail questionnaire with the "classic" questions: describe my previous project, how I dealt with difficult situations, my desired compensation and why I would be a good candidate.

This was followed by an on-site interview with what was supposed to be three people. The first was an engineer who asked me a few technical questions; I don't remember much about them, except they weren't too difficult. Next up was a systems architect who asked me how I'd design the infrastructure for a large-scale web service. The interview ended early because the third person, the VP, was not able to come that day.

Although I felt things went fairly well, I did not hear from the company since. I e-mailed them a week later to inquire about my status, and only then was I told they would not be moving forward.

Interview Questions
    • How I would design the infrastructure for a large-scale web application.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

The whole process has three rounds - ppt, written test and interview. We were around 200 students. After the written test 25 were selected. Written test included average aptitude questions. Interview was again apti and HR , no technical was asked.

Interview Questions
    • I am a civil engineer so they asked me why I wished to be a Soft Engg.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at eGain in June 2013.

Online applied through referral....30 qns 20 mins..tough ones. above 15 seemed cutoff

Interview Questions
    • If you are not from a CS/IT background they wil ask you questions to make sure you are interested in the course   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eGain in April 2013.

Well HR contacted me and I came down to their office for interview. It took one whole day .
    There was a written test first consisting java, data structure, puzzles and comrehension.
    2nd round was technical.
    3rd round was Techno-Managerial.
    Last round was HR in which they asked me typical question like why you want to join egain.
    After this she asked me to go and said that they will get back to me.
    After 2 days I got call from their HR manager and she also interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eGain in February 2011.

There was in total of 4 rounds of interview 1 telephonic and 3 face to face. Telephonic round was for around 45 mins and consisted of some basic and few industry problems. After clearing the telephonic round i was called upon pune office for face to face interview, here 3 rounds happened and then HR. The total duration of the interviews lasted for around 4 hours which consisted of some in depth questions on Core Java, How application servers behave in certain situations and a detailed designing problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at eGain in November 2010.

The Interview had a written round with technical and analogical sections. It was followed by oral round of technical interview by a senior tech-lead and the team manager. The oral interview was not much on theoretical details of the programming language but at a conceptual level. This is the reason I accepted the offer to join eGain. In most other companies in IT the interviews are mostly about digging dip into theories and skipping the much essential ability to solve problems, which is what software development is all about.

I am about to complete a year in eGain and I am fully satisfied by everything I can imagine, be it work culture. the quality of projects, the policies, and learning I had and the mentoring I got! It's a great place to work!

NA