eMeter

eMeter Interview Questions

3.2

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at eMeter.

I've had a total of 7 interviews, all 1 hour long and over the phone.
    I spoke to the recruiter, HR person, hiring manager, several "future colleagues" and the CEO.
    I had one 1:1 interview with the hiring manager.
    All conversations were friendly and polite. Basically they want to know if I have the hard and soft skills for the job, but I was not bombarded with technical questions. I think the focus was really on customer facing skills.

Interview Questions
    • Very surprisingly, HR asked me to present proof of income, like a pay slip, to prove that I was making something close to what I asked. In all my years of job interviews I've never received this request. That's really sneaky - a company that does not trust its candidates will not trust their employees.   Answer Question
    They offered me my bottomline target and I accepted it.

Database Engineer, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eMeter in October 2012.

Coding Exercise: Did well.
    Phone interview: got the call after 4 weeks of applying online. The interviewer sounded like she was in a hurry, constantly interrupting my answers and asked me to cut short my answers. She said she was told to ask certain questions. cut the phone without properly ending the conversation
    In-Person: they called me in after 2 weeks of in-person and was scheduled for 3 hours with a total of 8-10 ppl. But when I walked in I was told the interview is only with couple of people. They did not even reserve a proper conference room with a white board. Answered all the questions to the best of knowledge and was apparent they are asking questions from a book.

First it was supposed to be a full-time position but when I was interviwed I was told it is a contract to hire. and it sounded like they pre-decided to not to hire me.

They waste my time and effort. Most of the employees are Asians and heard some not very positive things about the work culture. From what the manager explained, did not find it a very exciting project and did not feel like it would be something exciting.

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult, all straight forward typical database questions.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eMeter in April 2012.

Went through 4-5 interviews, each of them were scheduled after I went through the previous one. Questions are fair - basically, they want to know what you are doing in your current job, and how you are doing it. They want to know how you think.

Interviewers were not well-prepared because most of them were gathered last minute to come in and talk to me. This reflects poorly on the company's organization. But that's the process. They also like to call you in to talk to 1 person towards the final process, which is interesting (kind of inconsiderate for people's time in my opinion).

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, they like to ask you how you test in certain scenarios, and if you are describing the tests you are going to use, then they will ask you What-If questions.   Answer Question

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at eMeter in March 2012.

Interview Procedure:

- I applied online and I got call after 5 weeks.
    - HR scheduled a phone interview with Hiring Manager (Around 1 hour)
    - Hiring manager liked me and I told him that I already have 3 offers and I want the process to be quick.
    - Hiring Manager conducted a online unix proficiency test the same day(It was around 2hours)
    - Their called me onsite to be interviewed by 12-15 people.
    - Initially HR received me well and was advertising about their company and packages.
    - I was literally scanned/screwed for around 5 hours with back2back group/1:1/repeat interviews.

My experience:
    - I had many interviews in my career and I rate this one "worst of all". I ll never apply back to this company.
    - Hiring Manager and Interviewing team was so immature and had no respect for my time
    - I think interviewers really had a rough day and their were showing their frustration by arguing on everything I said
    - Hiring manager was very despicable, he was jumping in-between some interviews and was asking every question he could google.
    - Worst of all, Some of the interviewers were just there to fill the chairs, when I was answering no one had any interest in listing to me( There were talking about weekend plans).
    - As the HR and Hiring manager knew that I already have offers, Hiring manager was literally saying to other interviewers that " He has other offers, but this is the best for him" to make me realize that this was the best company.
    - After 8 hours of total interview, hiring manager was still ready to give me a take home work. I really don't know how hard/long it is to judge the right candidate.

Reason for Rejection:
    - Anyways, overall I answered almost all the questions correctly (to best of my knowledge) and I was told that I have less experience and I am asking for more salary.

My advice to Hiring Manager:
    Every company has its own customized Release Engineer, You need to hire some one with good skillset/SCM knowledge and give him/her time to plugin with your organization goals, then he ll do whatever you want.

Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at eMeter in October 2011.

Got a call from a corporate recruiter who asked me some basic questions about why I was interested in eMeter. Two weeks later did a phone interview with the hiring manager and another release engineer. They had a very antagonizing attitude and proceeded to ask me questions like "which tool do you prefer Maven or Ant" and after telling them it depended on the development environment was told outright that "Ant sucks and Maven is the way to go". Was asked some very basic/easy questions about Java and Python (how to write a class - e.g. the basics of OO). Overall the technical portion of the phone interview was fairly easy but the interviewers came of as extremely arrogant and snobbish.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at eMeter in January 2010.

The company is a bit disorganized. They changed recruiter in the midst of my interview process. They aren't clear about what they are looking for in terms of a candidate's skill set. People are in management position because of their tenure rather than skills. I was surprised to interview with the hiring manager who is very inexperienced and I wonder how she got to her position. They had me go through the full cycle and kept me hanging before giving me an answer. Not a pleasant experience.

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at eMeter in January 2014.

Now this company has been acquired by SIEMENS but this was The MOST PATHETIC interview process ever. They only make people fools and waste the time of people.
    Dont waste time!!!!!!!!!!
    1. Recruiter called and also told me about the package they would offer.
    2. First interview was on weekend for the whole day where I was told I was selected.
    3. Then I was asked to come on a weekday for last one more round, I missed office and still went there.
    4. After a few days, they asked me to come for another FINAL interview n again on a weekday. I felt bad but just for the sake of so much effort that I made, I went there.
    5. Recruiter called me up after and told that congrats, u r in and will get an offer letter in a few days.But they offered MUCH LESS than what recruiter initially told and Interviewer confirmed. Even then I said yes.
    6. For around a week when I did not get the letter, I called up the recruiter and got to know that now they have changed their mind. N this is what is EMETER/SIEMENS.

The MOST PATHETIC interview process ever. Wasted around 3 weeks of my life.. God bless them.!!!

Java Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at eMeter in July 2012.

Recruiter called me and scheduled a phone round. Very nice person asked 10-14 Java questions. Most probably reading from a book. Was interested lot in how I was designing my product and interview lasted for 90 minutes instead of 60 as planned.
    Manager interviewed me, over webex, and made me write 3 programs to test my hands on skill. Again had a list which she showed me on web-ex and asked me to answer questions one by one. As soon as you start giving right answer she will stop you and if you are going in wrong direction she will start questioning you like you are criminal. Again interview lasted 90 minutes instead of 60 minutes as planned.

Then they call me for face-2-face. Manager was very cordial and gave me good insight about why they are good and Siemens is buying them. First round of interview was with manager and one lady who asked me 2 hands on problems. At that moment I realize that you have to provide solutions which are in their book or else it is not a solution.Most of problems they ask are daily problems they face in their work and are not at all challenging. Challenging part is answering it in a way they have been told to solve by "SOMEBODY". If you even give them better solution they tend to panic.
    Second round was again panel of 2 asking problems from the work they do. When I started providing them solution, they told me that's not how they solve it. I was like I have different solution and they were not there to appreciate it
    Third round was interesting with panel of 2. One of them was QA lead who kept asking me only one thing -" Will you get irritated if as QA person I asked you stupid questions" When I replied I will not till questions are not repetitive., he said its not possible. According to him, I was bound to lose patience. When I kept telling him I will not, and he asked me same question 18-20 times, I asked him are you trying to irritate me and test my patience. On that he started shouting that how I irritated you. The other panelist had to calm him down. Later on the QA lead said it was his mind game to test my patience. I am not sure why Siemens bought these idiots.
    Fourth round was Technical Architect and lead who were very cordial and they had a small technical discussion trying to judge me.
    Overall impression:
    1. It is all Asians trying to hire only Asians. I think that's the only reason I was selected for interview.
    2. They have in a box thought process. If you cannot answer what they have done in their product then you are doomed
    3. They are very non cordial in general and I will strictly advice anybody wasting their day to fly in their office as I did. They are their to make a gang of people like they are. General feeling I got from them is they are not looking for technically good people, they are looking people who they feel less threatened from.
    4. They are very short sighted and have big egos.
    Do also read emeter company reviews which advice about internal politics and bad work ethics they carry. I made a mistake to ignore that.

Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at eMeter in June 2011.

I applied online. Was contacted by the company HR Manager after around 30 days. A phone interview was scheduled. At the end of the phone interview the program director expressed that he wants to do a face to face interview. A 1 to 1 face interview was done after that.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of a Product Manager you are? Innovative, Business oriented, People's manager   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at eMeter in February 2011.

Had a telephonic round first and then had 2 f2f rounds. One of the engineer asked very wierd questions and was not even aware of the answers. Looked like he has copied the questions from some web site and if the answer matches to what he has noted then it was ok else it was not ok.

Interview Questions

The company has fired 1/3 of its employees in 2009 and the work ethic in the company is not good.