ePlus

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data Center Architect Interview

Data Center Architect
Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ePlus in February 2009.

Interview Details – HR contacted me eight days after online application and arranged interview interview for later next day. Fairly standard 4-6 page background/references/EEO application was required. Met with company recruiter that had contacted me for about 10 minutes concerning general company/HR stuff and was then taken to hiring manager's office. The office environment appeared to be a common mix of cube-fields ringed by offices, with average general activity level and business casual dress. I was told later that a fair amount of work could be done from home, though this may be on a per team/role basis.

Interview was conducted by the IT director position would report to and his tech lead as a casual conversation over somewhat over an hour. After basic explanation of what would be entailed in the role and why they were adding it I gave a synopsis of my background and recent work. From that point most questions focused on determining my general understanding and depth of knowledge in the areas the position dealt with and how I'd apply this for IT business solutions.

The interview was lively with a lot of agreement between our approaches and expectations on solutions. Key factors and reasoning they seemed to be interested in hearing were easily ellicited from me. At two points one or the other interviewer had to step out briefly but the conversation easily continued and the remaining interviewer voiced the opinion that the interview was going very well and he thought the other was impressed with me. My questions were easily answered, though sometimes with a bit of thought or in a way that showed they hadn't solved or tackled an issue yet.

No one from the company followed up at all. A followup message by me was never returned. I later noted changes to the online position posting that made my experience less of a fit for it and assumed they chose to go another direction.

Interview Question – (In response to stating VMware lun sizing best practice) Why would volume management of smaller luns result in lower performance than a large lun (meta)?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ePlus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ePlus Data Center Architect interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by ePlus employees and interview candidates.