ePlus Interview Questions

2.8

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at ePlus in May 2014.

Received a call from recruiter about position internal to their company. Sent resume, had a screening call with two managers, invited for a face-to-face with the support team. Team was easy going, and conversation was direct. I got a good read on the team dynamics, and hopefully they got a good read on me.

Interview Questions
    • "Why Support"?
      meaning... why switch from Engineering to support.
        View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ePlus in August 2011.

They have a very quick interview process. You usually speak to two people (at most) and the entire process takes less than two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They are very into culture. Do not be 'cocky' or condescending. They like positive people that are not affraid of change and wearing multiple hats.   Answer Question
    1 week. Met me in the middle...

Manager Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at ePlus in April 2012.

Sourced on LinkedIn, followed by 2on-site interviews, followed by verbal and written offer.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward interview process, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at ePlus.

Basic Interview, just took 3 total to get hired

Interview Questions
    • Details around your biggest closed deal, lots of detail regarding previous customer base   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Pre Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at ePlus in August 2012.

very long and untrustworthy, Upper management would commit verbally to certain benefits and perks, but what was on paper was much different.

This company asks candidates for their W2 to verify wages and sales forecast,if you do not feel comfortable giving out W2 information to an employer, do not interview or seek a job here, W2 are a requirement - management has a hard time trusting people.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions, difficult process though, many questions were very basic about when you can start, and what pay your looking for.   Answer Question

What was said verbally was not what was presented in writing. Confidentiality agreement was more of a non compete. Company asked for W2 forms which was a deal breaker f or me There are many ways a company can verify if salary is too high or too low for a engineering position that is non sales.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ePlus in March 2011.

Interview with the VP of Telesales. You must know someone to get the job.

non-negotiable

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at ePlus in July 2008.

There were a series of three interviews. The first was an over the phone interview to discuss the position at a high level coupled with arrangement for further discussions. The second interview was a face to face with management to discuss typical things such as pay, benefits, hours, role and general capacity to function in a professional client facing manner. The third part of the interview was technical component and involved simple Q&A with a current engineer at the company and was rather informal.

Negotiations were straight forward. HR is a little on the slow side, however. Expect to wait a month or more for an offer letter after verbally accepting a position unless there is a dire need.

Data Center Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at ePlus in February 2009.

HR contacted me eight days after online application and arranged interview interview for later next day. Fairly standard 4-6 page background/references/EEO application was required. Met with company recruiter that had contacted me for about 10 minutes concerning general company/HR stuff and was then taken to hiring manager's office. The office environment appeared to be a common mix of cube-fields ringed by offices, with average general activity level and business casual dress. I was told later that a fair amount of work could be done from home, though this may be on a per team/role basis.

Interview was conducted by the IT director position would report to and his tech lead as a casual conversation over somewhat over an hour. After basic explanation of what would be entailed in the role and why they were adding it I gave a synopsis of my background and recent work. From that point most questions focused on determining my general understanding and depth of knowledge in the areas the position dealt with and how I'd apply this for IT business solutions.

The interview was lively with a lot of agreement between our approaches and expectations on solutions. Key factors and reasoning they seemed to be interested in hearing were easily ellicited from me. At two points one or the other interviewer had to step out briefly but the conversation easily continued and the remaining interviewer voiced the opinion that the interview was going very well and he thought the other was impressed with me. My questions were easily answered, though sometimes with a bit of thought or in a way that showed they hadn't solved or tackled an issue yet.

No one from the company followed up at all. A followup message by me was never returned. I later noted changes to the online position posting that made my experience less of a fit for it and assumed they chose to go another direction.

Interview Questions
    • (In response to stating VMware lun sizing best practice) Why would volume management of smaller luns result in lower performance than a large lun (meta)?   View Answer

Senior Security Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at ePlus in January 2010.

My interview with ePlus was really a story of two different companies.

My first several interviews were over the phone with various levels of leadership out of their Home Office out of Herndon, VA. Took a couple of weeks altogether.

I was told this position was for a new security team they were building to service an unaddressed need in the sales portfolio. I was immediately impressed with the direction and enthusiasm for the team they were trying to build, and their vision of where they wanted to take it. And I was told by all three interviewers about the leadership direction/backing for the team.

The individual interview questions were challenging and those asking them were knowledgeable. Questions were technical at points. But often times would be focused on vendor neutral security knowledge and solutions for real world challenges, and how I would explain my thoughts in front of a C-Level audience. Writing samples were requested, reviewed, and approved.

I received constant positive feedback from the leader who conducted my first interview about where I was in the process. And I was excited to be moving forward with the opportunity.

The second set of interviews were to be local one-and-one. These local interviews *greatly* lacked the direction and enthusiasm I was impressed by from the Herndon office.

The hour long face to face with the Regional Leader was a healthy mix about standard ‘people/personality’ and my professional style in working with various customers over the years. The last 15 minutes turned into a open discussion about the company, how we both got to where we were at in our various IT careers, and the state of the industry as a whole. Though I felt this interview was a solid conversation, I did feel as if the tone had changed before I walked into the door.

This interview really had none of the enthusiasm I heard in my phone interviews. At one point he accented a question by saying that he ‘didn’t really know where the position would fit in’.

I was, however, impressed with the openness of this particular interviewer when it came to some of the internal challenges specific to the company.

This was scheduled to be a back-to-back in person interview with another Regional Leader. But that leader was actually in another town and he was not available due to a deliverable he was working on. We rescheduled for the next day when he would give me a call directly for the next interview.
    I left the ePlus office this day rethinking my earlier conversations wondering if I had misunderstood the need they were trying to fill and generally thinking there appeared to be a significant disconnect between ePlus Virginia and this ePlus Regional Office concerning what they were looking for in (and the general need for) the position.

The rescheduled interview felt somewhat like a blow off by the interviewer. Though he had indicated he would contact me at the specific time, he did not. At about 15 after, I google’d his contact info and called him directly. He did not really apologize for missing our appointment, though did note how he was working on a spreadsheet deliverable. This interview was standard ‘people/personality’ level questions, but he did appear to be somewhat distant throughout our talk, perhaps multi-tasking. As with the other local interview, the overall tone of the conversation did not have the same level drive and direction.

And from there, I didn’t hear anything for several weeks. This seemed odd given the frequency of the feedback to this point. Periodic inquiries by myself and the independent recruiter went unanswered. The recruiter ended up apologizing to me for the lack of communication and though he was still trying to find out what was up, we both agreed that no communication after so much was the answer in itself.

I eventually did receive an update from the original interviewer apologizing for the silence as he ‘worked every angle’ and that ‘[I was] without exception the most qualified, well thought out and well written security engineer that [he] spoke with during our national search’, but that ‘management had decided not to move forward in the Texas Market’.

It was extremely professional thank you in line with what I saw in my various conversations. And I very much appreciated that. I don’t know if it was honesty or sales pitch or a mix of whatever. Doesn’t really matter either way to me. I just wasn’t what they were looking for, one way or another.

But I was left echoing the sense of the other individual review posted: ePlus, while maintaining an impressive technical culture, had not quite figured out what they were looking for from this position or team before I came into the room.

Interview Questions
    • Given this scenario, how would you determine what the customer needs?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at ePlus in January 2008.

The first step was a phone interview which was followed up by a one to one interview with sales management and and technical management

Interview Questions

Worked for ePlus? Contribute to the Community!