ePrize

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at ePrize.

Interview Details – I had three interviews.
One was in person with one person, than a Technical Interview with 3 people, and then a Programming Challenge

Negotiation Details – None

QA Specialist Interview

QA Specialist
Pleasant Ridge, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at ePrize.

Interview Details – Initial phone chat with HR, in person interview with hiring managers, second interview with team members and a skill assessment test

Interview Question – General discussion over skills and background   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ePrize.

Interview Details – Sent in my application, got a call that day and had a phone interview and did an in-person interview within that week.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. Give an example of team work, something you've overcome, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Pleasant Ridge, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at ePrize in February 2013.

Interview Details – Initial contact was from a tech recruiter. They ask you to fill out a very detailed application and bring it to the interview. I was not comfortable giving out my SSN or my current boss' phone number without having an offer and I withheld info that I didn't feel like giving out.

Once I got to the interview, I was quite disappointed as the office is an old warehouse with tacky kinder garden style colors and ambiance inside. The most bizarre thing inside is the lack of cubicles for most workers. PCs are placed on both sides of large tables and they have no privacy. Majority of workers looked quite young which could mean that this is a good place for fresh graduates.

Interview was with two sets of two people each and a written test with really silly questions such as what is the internet or describe your favorite sand-witch. One of the interviewers did not know the programming language Perl which was what I was interviewed for and asked questions that don't make sense in the context of Perl.

Interview Question – Write psuedo-code to implement the game of checkers and then convert it to implement chess.   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Pleasant Ridge, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ePrize in January 2009.

Interview Details – When I was hired, recruiting was handled externally so I did a number of phone interviews before a final interview with the VP of creative.
These days it's all internal and will consist of initial HR interview, Creative Director interview, then interviews with other people from the team and leaders from other divisions.

Interview Question – I was asked to critique some work done by the person interviewing me. It's always hard to tell someone face-to-face that they need to pay more attention to fine detail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I submitted my request and they accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at ePrize.

Interview Details – I arrived 15 minutes early and waited in the lobby for the corporate recruiter. Once the recruiter was available, she took me back and gave me a brief tour of the main level of the facility. The started with a cursory overview of my general interests and career experience with a very nice team lead. That conversation lasted for approximately 30 minutes. Next, I spoke to an individual that the previous interviewer reported to. This conversation was a bit more of the same with the addition of some specific situational questions with respect to my career (e.g. tell me about a time when ...). My final interview was in a conference room (The Peach Pit, if I recall correctly) with two team leads. This portion of the interview was entirely technical and consisted of implementing code and architecture on a white board. My first challenge was to implement an algorithm for the popular interview question FizzBuzz. The second was to implement an array searching algorithm whereby you search an array for values when multiplied is equivalent to the given input. After implementing the second algorithm, I was asked to identify the Big O efficiency of my solution. After having identified this to be less than ideal, I was asked to take a moment and find a more efficient solution. After this exercise was completed, I was asked to model the classes, properties, and methods for two complete games; first Checkers and then Monopoly. Finally I was asked how I might architect these solutions with respect to persistence and server architecture (including specifics on amount of servlets, client code, etc). This last piece concluded my interview.

The entire process was completed in approximately 2 hours. I found the first two individuals I spoke with friendly and inquisitive. Unfortunately, the technical part of the interview left a bit to be desired. I have had the opportunity to interview several candidates for positions at my current place of employment, and each time I interview a likely candidate, I always try to create an atmosphere of mutual respect and genuine interest during the process. It does not seem that this is the case for the engineers interviewed at this company. During the written portion of the interview, on several occasions, the interviewers were more interested in their phones and in engaging in conversation with each other, than my questions for clarification and the provided solutions. My advice would be that this is best left for outside of the interview process. It is both distracting and disrespectful.

Interview Question – What is the Big O algorithmic optimization efficiency of an implemented algorithm and how might you make it better?   Answer Question

Software Engineer
Pleasant Ridge, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at ePrize in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was quite a while ago so I don't remember all of the details but I believe I met with 4 or 5 people over the course of 3 back to back interviews. In the first interview they just asked me about my past projects and coursework. This was followed by the technical interview in which I was asked to solve coding questions on the board. This is the scary part but the interviewer was friendly and told me to take my time so I felt very comfortable and had no trouble answering the questions. I was asked to write algorithms to calculate the mean, median and mode of a linked list. The last interview was mostly a Q&A and a discussion about what I could expect to begin working on upon being hired. Finally I was given a written test that just tested general knowledge regarding certain technologies. This was not an IQ test or anything like that, more like a 'you know it or you don't' type of deal. Overall the interviewing process went very smoothly but was tiring as it ended up lasting 4-5 hours.

Interview Question – Three algorithms to calculate the mean, median, and mode of a linked list.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Pleasant Ridge, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at ePrize in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sent in my resume through an acquaintance and had a phone interview the same day. I then got an email for an in-person interview within the next couple days. Went in and saw the offices, sat down with two different people on the team. The office was bigger than I expected and the people seemed really great.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you worked as a team or group.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for ePrize? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ePrize interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by ePrize employees and interview candidates.