Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

Did you mean companies matching "Engineering Manager"? See Companies

“This position has 20 engineers / technical people reporting into it. Since you have only 10 people working for you today, why would you consider yourself qualified for this position.”

“Your background is mainly in the commercial arena. How would you manage the transition from commercial to defense systems?”

“I was asked to describe my background and was challenged on my ability to perform the duties of the job I was interviewing for. I was also asked what my favorite Stone beer is and my next favorite.”

“How do you handle difficult team members?”

“It wasn't difficult, and although not unexpected as I was notified I would need to complete it, but the psychological evaluation. I was not informed of the results of my psych eval, however, I am…”

“Tell me about a time when you were asked/told to do something that you were not in agreement with, and how did you handle it?”

“They asked a lot about my job history, and how I made things scale. (Which was basically a load balancer, and sharding). When asked very specifically about how to scale something beyond that this…”

“Paraphrasing: Describe a situation where you observed things going off the rails on a project and you chose not to take action. What happened, and why did you make that choice?”

“What project that the company is currently running do you disagree with and why?”

5160 of 292 Interview Questions