f.y.e. Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and to the point. Slight awkward in the start of the process. Manager doing the interview made it more consistent to relate to product sold. Manager did not ask if I knew the history of the company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for f.y.e.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

I didn't have an interview, the guy just called me and told me to come in for work. When I did come in, I was asked a few questions and that was it.

Interview Questions

• What type of music do you listen to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. Don't work for this company, there are no raises and the store is driven by the drivers. They are a scam.

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Battle Creek, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was easy. They asked about my favorite movies, favorite music artist, what was my biggest mistake & how did I fix it, & they asked me to roleplay being a sales associate & asked me to sell a movie to him.

Anonymous Employee in Nashua, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Nashua, NH) in November 2013.

Interview

Very smooth, was brought on for the seasonal work. Was hired from seasonal to year round part time employee. After doing quite well in the winter months and doing a lot of sales.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult question, basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Media, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Media, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

It was incredibly casual for me, I had a friend that worked at the store already and she put in a good word. The manager called me and asked me to come in the next day, basically he asked me about my music preferences, how I would help a customer, and my experience. They were desperate for sales associates (my friend was the only one there at the time) and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about related artists or movies to artists or movies I was unfamiliar with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. It was minimum wage, part-time, I needed a job and they needed an associate.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at f.y.e. in August 2013.

Interview

I arrived 10 minutes early and was forced to walk around the store for 45 minutes waiting for the manager to interview me. She was very unprofessional and I don't think she really liked me, but she hired me anyway. The whole thing lasted maybe ten minutes, and she was civil the entire time. She even hired me after she saw that I was shaking in my boots level nervous, so that was a plus.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite movie? Now sell it to me, someone who's never seen it before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got paid minimum wage, no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

It was very low key. Asked what I would say when greeted a customer. How I would sell an item. Favorite items at the store.

Interview Questions

• What is something you had messed up on it the past and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted 8$ an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (DuBois, PA) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very simple, basically the store I was applying for was desperate to get someone working since they could barely keep associates at any given time. I wasn't actually asked any questions, the manager just asked if I could show up on time and if I could handle the work.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to show up on time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Gurnee, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, while still maintaining a professional air. The management that interviewed me was amiable, relaxed, but still very professional. Many of the questions revolved around knowledge of the product, but also about getting to know me as both a professional being as well as me as a person.

Interview Questions

• Q: Say a customer comes in looking for music similar to Bright Eyes, who would you recommend and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Gurnee, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I turned in my application online and they called back about a week later. I went in wearing a slacks and a button-up. He explained to me that he needed more employees as most were quitting to go back to college. He asked pretty normal questions; most of them having to do with sales and past experiences. How you would persuade someone to buy an item, what makes you a good fit for f.y.e., what do you know about the company, etc. He explained how focused the company is on selling discount cards and how it's all about numbers so sell, sell, sell. After the interview he told me that he was interested in hiring me and that he would call me next week after figuring out the scheduling. He called me the next day and asked if I was available to start work the following Saturday.