Interview Questions & Reviews

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

“Simulate a 6 sided die with a coin.”

“N points lie on a circle. You draw lines connecting all the points to each other. These lines divide up the circle into a number of regions. How many regions is this? Assume that the points are…”

“You have a box filled with cash. Cash value is uniformly randomly distributed from 1 to 1000. You are trying to win the box in an auction: you win the box if you bid at least the value of the cash in…”

“CASE: Cross-selling Credit Insurance to Cardholders
direct mail: .50, 1% response rate, avg balance $1000, 5% claim insurance, etc. Profitable? How make more profitable? What if response rate…”

“You are playing a game where the player gets to draw the number 1-100 out of hat, replace and redraw as many times as they want, with their final number being how many dollars they win from the game…”

“How many credit cards does Amex issue in a year in US?”

Trader at Jane Street

Dec 15, 2011

“Let's play a game - I give you a 12 sided die and will pay you whatever the die lands on. If you are unhappy with the roll, you can choose to roll another two 6-sided dice and I wil pay you the sum…”

“Design patterns questions”

“Suppose we hire you, and you and the rest of the new interns decide to go buy a cup of coffee. Each intern purchases one cup of coffee. One of the interns suggests everyone play a game. Everyone…”

“How are M&M's made?”