Finance interview questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

“What is the expected value of rolling two dice?”

“How many numbers between 1 and 1000 contain a 3?”

“You have 2 decks of cards (each deck contains both red and black cards). One deck has twice the number of cards in the other deck with the same color ration (so one deck has 52 cards and the other…”

“If you flip a coin until you decide to stop and you want to maximize the ratio of heads to total flips, what is that expected ratio?”

“Say I take a rubber band and randomly cut it into three pieces. What's the probability that one of the pieces has length greater than 1/2 of the original circumference of the rubber band.”

“Say I have a deck of 52 cards, regular deck of cards. I put a joker in the deck somewhere and shuffle it up. Now I start dealing you cards until the joker shows up. Once it shows up, I stop dealing…”

“What is the square root of .01?”

“10 lightbulbs in a row, on or off, no two adjacent lightbulbs can be on.
how many combinations can we have? you may use a piece of paper”

“I have 10 cards face-down numbered 1 through 10. We play a game in which you choose a card and I give you the corresponding dollar amount.
a) What is the fair price of this game?
b) Now, after…”

“There is a 91% chance of seeing a shooting star in the next hour, what is the probability of seeing a shooting star in the next half hour?”

3140 of 28,398 Interview Questions