Finance interview questions

Sort: Popular Date
Sort: Popular Date

“If you flip a coin until you decide to stop and you want to maximize the ratio of heads to total flips, what is that expected ratio?”

“Say I take a rubber band and randomly cut it into three pieces. What's the probability that one of the pieces has length greater than 1/2 of the original circumference of the rubber band.”

“What is the square root of .01?”

“10 lightbulbs in a row, on or off, no two adjacent lightbulbs can be on.
how many combinations can we have? you may use a piece of paper”

“I have 10 cards face-down numbered 1 through 10. We play a game in which you choose a card and I give you the corresponding dollar amount.
a) What is the fair price of this game?
b) Now, after…”

“There is a 91% chance of seeing a shooting star in the next hour, what is the probability of seeing a shooting star in the next half hour?”

“3) Poker. 26 red, 26 black. Take one every time, you can choose to guess whether it’s red. You have only one chance. If you are right, you get 1 dollar. What’s the strategy? And what’s the expected…”

“Suppose you have two covariance matrices A and B. Is AB also a covariance matrix? Suppose that, by plain dumb luck, we also have that AB=BA. Is AB a covariance matrix under this additional…”

“10 ropes with red and blue end. red end can only connect blue end. what is the expected value of cycles?”

“Let's say we're playing Russian roulette. The revolver has SIX barrels, THREE of which contain bullets. I give you two options:

A. Spin, shoot. Spin, shoot. Spin, shoot. (For a total of…”

3140 of 32,812 Interview Questions